Cockpit

• Offizieller Beitrag

Why do you need to install the qemu-kvm? Do I need it even if I don't need to manage any virtual machines?

If you don't plan on creating virtual machines, you don't need to install qemu-kvm or the cockpit-machines package.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Should I be installing from backports like so:

Code
    apt-get -t stretch-backports install cockpit cockpit-docker cockpit-packagekit cockpit-storaged

or just use the command from technodad's video?

Also, I had assumed that selecting 'Enable Backports' in the OMV Extras GUI would add 'stretch-backports main' to my sources list, but apparently not. What does it do? Install a backport kernel?

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

or just from the main repo?

Cockpit isn't available from the main repo. it is only in the backports repo.

Also, I had assumed that selecting 'Enable Backports' in the OMV Extras GUI would add 'stretch-backports main' to my sources list, but apparently not. What does it do?

It enables backports by setting a value in /etc/default/openmediavault and OMV itself writes it to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I try to post here because it's omv and cockpit related.
    I successfully installed cockpit on omv 4. The problem is that if if click the refresh button on the Applications tab in cockpit I get this error:

Code
    E: Problem executing scripts APT::Update::Post-Invoke-Success 'if /usr/bin/test -w /var/cache/app-info -a -e /usr/bin/appstreamcli; then appstreamcli refresh-cache > /dev/null; fi' 
    E: Sub-process returned an error code

If I remove 'appstream' and 'autoremove' the rest and then do an 'apt-get update' everything is fine. As soon as I do an refresh on the Applications tab in cockpit, although there are no application to be installed, it looks like 'appstream' and its dependency get reinstalled.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!