Cockpit

• OMV 4.x
    • Blabla wrote:

Why do you need to install the qemu-kvm? Do I need it even if I don't need to manage any virtual machines?
      If you don't plan on creating virtual machines, you don't need to install qemu-kvm or the cockpit-machines package.
      omv 4.1.19 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • Should I be installing from backports like so:

Source Code

1. apt-get -t stretch-backports install cockpit cockpit-docker cockpit-packagekit cockpit-storaged
      or just use the command from technodad's video?

Also, I had assumed that selecting 'Enable Backports' in the OMV Extras GUI would add 'stretch-backports main' to my sources list, but apparently not. What does it do? Install a backport kernel?

Thanks

The post was edited 2 times, last by Trenchfoot ().

• Trenchfoot wrote:

or just from the main repo?
      Cockpit isn't available from the main repo. it is only in the backports repo.

Trenchfoot wrote:

Also, I had assumed that selecting 'Enable Backports' in the OMV Extras GUI would add 'stretch-backports main' to my sources list, but apparently not. What does it do?
      It enables backports by setting a value in /etc/default/openmediavault and OMV itself writes it to /etc/apt/sources.list.d/openmediavault-kernel-backports.list
      omv 4.1.19 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.15
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • I try to post here because it's omv and cockpit related.
      I successfully installed cockpit on omv 4. The problem is that if if click the refresh button on the Applications tab in cockpit I get this error:

Source Code

1. E: Problem executing scripts APT::Update::Post-Invoke-Success 'if /usr/bin/test -w /var/cache/app-info -a -e /usr/bin/appstreamcli; then appstreamcli refresh-cache > /dev/null; fi'
      2. E: Sub-process returned an error code
      If I remove 'appstream' and 'autoremove' the rest and then do an 'apt-get update' everything is fine. As soon as I do an refresh on the Applications tab in cockpit, although there are no application to be installed, it looks like 'appstream' and its dependency get reinstalled.

The post was edited 3 times, last by ovidiur ().