OMV 3 to 4 upgrade issues

• I have done the jump from OMV3 to OMV4 today. I am encountering some issues in OMV4 after the upgrade:

- Remote desktop to the OMV server does not work anymore (no response when trying to connect)
    - My nextcloud installation does not work anymore ("The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.")
    - My Let's encrypt SSL certificate does not seem to work anymore
    - The virtualbox plugin has disappeared from the installed plugins list (seems not to be installed anymore. So i guess the fix is to reinstall it)

That is what i could find so far. Are these known issues? How would i proceed to find the root causes and fix them?

• UPDATE:

I could solve the nextcloud issue by following these directions: disable memache

Some additional info for the remote desktop problem that i have retrieved from the CLI:

• Offizieller Beitrag

Remote desktop to the OMV server does not work anymore (no response when trying to connect)

Remove the plugin and re-install it.

The virtualbox plugin has disappeared from the installed plugins list (seems not to be installed anymore. So i guess the fix is to reinstall it)

Do you have backports enabled?

Are these known issues? How would i proceed to find the root causes and fix them?

Nope. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Zitat von ryecoaaron

Remove the plugin and re-install it.

I did but no joy:

The virtualbox plugin has disappeared from the installed plugins list (seems not to be installed anymore. So i guess the fix is to reinstall it)

Do you have backports enabled?

I think so yes. How do i find out?

Are these known issues? How would i proceed to find the root causes and fix them?

Nope. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

• Offizieller Beitrag

How do i find out?

Click the enable backports button in omv-extras. What is the output of dpkg -l | grep xrdp

are the backports supposed to be enabled for VB in omv 4?

Yes. That is where Debian puts the virtualbox package. It is not available in the regular repo.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Click the enable backports button in omv-extras. What is the output of dpkg -l | grep xrdp

Sorry I don't see any option to enable backports kernel in omv-extras. There is an option to install the Proxmox kernel...

Code
    root@debNAS:~# dpkg -l | grep xrdp
    ii  xorgxrdp                              0.9.1-9+deb9u3                             amd64        Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) modules for X.org
    iF  xrdp                                  0.9.8-2~bpo9+1                             amd64        Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) server
    • Offizieller Beitrag

apt-get purge xrdp
    rm -rfv /etc/xrdp
    Then try to reinstall the plugin.

• apt-get purge xrdp
    rm -rfv /etc/xrdp
    Then try to reinstall the plugin.

That did it. It works again now. Thanks.

Regarding backports I found the option. Sorry I guess I was too tired yesterday.

I clicked on "enable" and did a reboot. Nothing changed. What now, reinstall virtualbox?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I clicked on "enable" and did a reboot. Nothing changed.

It just enables a repo. No reboot required.

What now, reinstall virtualbox?

Sure.

• Ok virtualbox is installed again. Now i wonder where my VM's did go. Did they get deleted when plugin was uninstalled by the release-upgrade procedure?
    Can't find anything that fits with "locate .vbox" or .vdi

In that case i could probably extract them out of the backup i did with clonezilla before the upgrade?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did they get deleted when plugin was uninstalled by the release-upgrade procedure?

No but the user id probably changed for the vbox user. You will need to change the permissions on the files.

• Maybe I'm crazy, but I have put plans to migrate from 3 to 4 on hold. OMV 3 works flawlessly and I'm not looking for problems to fix. When the time comes, I'll probably migrate using a fresh install. Maybe wait until 5 is ready and go from 3 to 5.

• Maybe I'm crazy, but I have put plans to migrate from 3 to 4 on hold. OMV 3 works flawlessly and I'm not looking for problems to fix. When the time comes, I'll probably migrate using a fresh install. Maybe wait until 5 is ready and go from 3 to 5.

From what little I have read about OMV 5, there will be no upgrade path from any prior version. A fresh install will be the only way.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Maybe wait until 5 is ready and go from 3 to 5.

From what little I have read about OMV 5, there will be no upgrade path from any prior version. A fresh install will be the only way.

And you have never been able to skip versions. These problems aren't happening to everyone. I have tested upgrades many, many times and upgraded my own systems without these issues.

• another thing i have remarked is that the Mysql plugin is marked as non running in the dashboard.
    Although it reports it is not running, I did not remark anything that is not working due to that.
    As soon as i do a "systemctl status mysql" in the CLI it gets green in the OMV web frontend. The output on the CLI is:

• Offizieller Beitrag

As soon as i do a "systemctl status mysql" in the CLI it gets green in the OMV web frontend. The output on the CLI is:

That is strange. Almost seems like a browser cache issue. The indicator works fine on all of my systems using the mysql plugin.

• That is strange. Almost seems like a browser cache issue. The indicator works fine on all of my systems using the mysql plugin.

It is not a browser cache issue. I have just cleared the browser and the issue remains.
    Also: as soon as i check the status via CLI

Code
    systemctl status mysql

The light turns green in the Web GUI

• Offizieller Beitrag

It is not a browser cache issue. I have just cleared the browser and the issue remains.
    Also: as soon as i check the status via CLI

I don't know what to tell you then. It works on all of my systems and the code is identical to OMV core plugins.
    https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ined/module/mysql.inc#L80
    https://github.com/openmediava…/module/shairport.inc#L95

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!