Plex vpn

• Hi I currently have a OMV server running plex with sonar and radar set up at the moment it is all behind a vpn for obvious reasons. My problem is I need plex to have remote access but can’t forward ports through my vpn is there a way to setup omv to male the vpn ignore the vpn so I can get remote access to working plex. Thanks

• I didn't have enough resources to do this on my system, but what I would do is create a Virtual Machine. Setup the machine with Radarr and Sonarr and run your VPN service through there only. Then setup a script using SCP to transfer the files from the VM to your Plex Box. If you don't know how to use SCP (Google it), here is an example:

scp -r user@your.server.example.ip:/path/to/file /home/user/Desktop/

It will ask you for the password of the user

• Hi I currently have a OMV server running plex with sonar and radar set up at the moment it is all behind a vpn for obvious reasons. My problem is I need plex to have remote access but can’t forward ports through my vpn is there a way to setup omv to male the vpn ignore the vpn so I can get remote access to working plex. Thanks

Why do you need to run any of this thru a VPN?

If sonarr and radarr are using torrrents to get your content, then the torrenting process should be all that needs anonymizing.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• In 2010, between March and September alone, 16,200 new lawsuits were filed. The US Copyright Group, acting on behalf of a group of independent movie makers, sued BitTorrent USERS. In taking this action, they forced ISPs to reveal the users’ real identities and were then able to send settlement offers to those users of between $1000 and $3000 per instance. So, you torrent 10 files that is $10,000.

A VPN secures your connection by changing your IP address and creating a tunnel through which your data travels undetected (sort of). You can connect to a torrenting site without the connection being traced back to your actual IP address. So, if you do accidentally download copyrighted material from the site, it cannot be traced back to you. Of course, we do not condone video or music piracy, but you should be able to share uncopyrighted materials without fear of being targeted by copyright trolls.

• I never suggested you run naked. I did suggest you separate what needs protection from what doesn't. So I'll ask you again, what portion(s) of your activities really need to be anonymized?

I run Plex, Sonarr, and Deluge among others in dockers. Only Deluge runs thru a SOCKS5 proxy and I have never had a "problem" after years of full time 24/7 use.

But once my ISP instituted a 1TB/month data cap I have moved on to a seedbox because torrenting on my connection uses a lot of upstream bandwidth that can be avoided. More than 12TB later thru seedboxes and I have never heard a peep from those people other than getting their quarterly bills.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Seedboxes are great if your going to do a lot of torrents up and down, or as in your case a monthly data cap. You can transfer the files from your seedbox via encrypted FTP, and your ISP only knows that hey your transferring a lot of data (don't know what it is, just that its a lot). If your a casual user, seedboxes may be a bit expensive.

Here's an example, my VPN is actually a Virtual Server running my DNS and VPN only. The only thing I torrent is the occasional OS upgrades. My service allows 1TB of data transfers. I transfer directly to my server via encrypted tunnel (setting upload to 0 - yea I'm that guy). $4 a month, and I can use my vpn on my phone to protect my data and never get near my 1TB limit.

Seedboxes you have to store the data on the Seedbox, so even though most give you unlimited bandwidth on transfers you have to pay for storage. For $5 a month, Seedboxbay will give you unlimited bandwidth at 1Gbps but only 150GB of storage. That's ok, but if we're talking terabytes, say over 2TB, Seedbox.IO is about $28 a month. For a hardcore torrenter, or a person with a cap (or both) that's fine, casual user not so fine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!