MergerFS folders not mounted in /sharedfolders

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• MergerFS folders not mounted in /sharedfolders

Hi everyone,

After a reboot OMV4 fails to mount the directories from my mergerfs pool into the /sharedfolders directory. The directories from my regular, non-pooled disk mount there fine. If I create a shared folder from the web UI after boot everything gets mounted as it should. My theory is that it's because FUSE is mounted after the sharedfolders-[].mount scripts run, but I'm pretty new to all this. Here are what I think are relevant log snippets, in chronological order. These are during startup:

This is the MergerFS pool being mounted:

Source Code

1. Nov 29 00:17:30 nounvault systemd[1]: Mounted /srv/8a57fc99-ce30-48a4-9ed2-7588e0c9d9f6.
      This is a folder from that pool failing to mount slightly later:

Source Code

1. Nov 29 00:17:30 nounvault systemd[1]: sharedfolders-Media.mount: Starting requested but asserts failed.
      2. Nov 29 00:17:30 nounvault systemd[1]: Assertion failed for Mount shared folder Media to /sharedfolders/Media.

Here is FUSE mounting a bit later still:

Source Code

1. Nov 29 00:17:30 nounvault systemd[1]: Mounting FUSE Control File System...
      2. Nov 29 00:17:30 nounvault systemd[1]: Mounted FUSE Control File System.

I've searched the forum a lot but I haven't found a fix. Thanks for any help!

I'm using the latest OMV4 on an ASUS P55 motherboard.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trenchfoot ().

• In a couple systems I saw, if the directory is removed (ie /sharedfolders/Media), the systemd mount will fail. Adding the directory back should fix the problem.
      omv 4.1.15 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • I should mention there are 4 shared folders from the pool and they all fail to mount. How would I test to see if i.e. /sharedfolders/Media is missing? Should I unmount the mergerfs pool (in this case called 'Primary') and check to see that /sharedfolders has all the same directories in it?

Edit: There are 4 directories in /sharedfolders corresponding to the 4 shared folders from the pool right after restarting the system, and they are empty.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trenchfoot ().