Can we run a Flask server as a plugin in OMV?

• Hi all,

I'm doing some development with Python and want to server up to the internet with Flask. I have a server sitting here running OMV and I'm thinking, rather than purchasing a rasberry pi or a nuc, can I have my OMV server perform this task?

thanks a tonne...

• Offizieller Beitrag

Most likely that should work fine.

Just try it. Install everything you need from the command line. I don't see any obvious reasons why it should not work. No need to install as a plugin to OMV, just run it parallel to OMV.

But just to avoid extra work, make sure you backup the root filesystem first.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Use a docker.

• Use a docker.

This is what I was thinking. I haven't used docker as yet but my understanding is I can setup the whole python / flask / sql environment in a docker and it should just chug along yes? I'll give it a go. I'm concerned about facing the internet though, so will need to focus on some security no doubt

• Offizieller Beitrag

I can setup the whole python / flask / sql environment in a docker and it should just chug along yes?

sql should really be in a separate docker but that should work otherwise.

I'm concerned about facing the internet though, so will need to focus on some security no doubt

Containers should be safer than running the same components on the host.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!