Windows explorer access to openmediavault-webdav not working?

• Hi,
    I just installed the webdav-plugin 4.0 in my OMV 4.1.14, configured it and wanted to connect to the webdav share with windows explorer. However, this is giving me an error (as usual in Windows, the error message is not very comprehensive). I checked the nginx access log and found the following:

Code
    ::ffff:192.168.1.49 - - [02/Dec/2018:00:27:29 +0100] "OPTIONS /webdav HTTP/1.1" 405 166 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"
    ::ffff:192.168.1.49 - - [02/Dec/2018:00:27:36 +0100] "OPTIONS / HTTP/1.1" 405 166 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"
    ::ffff:192.168.1.49 - - [02/Dec/2018:00:27:36 +0100] "PROPFIND /webdav HTTP/1.1" 405 166 "-" "Microsoft-WebDAV-MiniRedir/6.1.7601"

Both, OPTIONS and PROPFIND requests are rejected by nginx with 405 "Method Not Allowed". Is there anything I can do to get this working?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just tried it on my test VM and it is working. What error is windows giving you? Did you add your user to the webdav-users group? Are the permissions on the shared folder open enough for the webdav-users group to access it?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Looks like the issue with getting error 405 was on my side. No idea what I did but it seems to work now ...
    Two issues I noticed however:

• I had to modify the rewrite directive in /etc/nginx/openmediavault-webgui.d/openmediavault-webdav.conf
      Old: rewrite ^/webdav/(.*)$ /webdav/index.php last;
      New: rewrite ^/webdav/?(.*)$ /webdav/index.php last;
      Without this modification, access to the DAV-Root does not work because there is no trailing '/' to match (e.g. https://davserver.net/webdav)
    • Access to php files through webdav is not possible. I always get http error 404 "file not found".
      I believe this is because the location-directive "location ~ \.php$" in /etc/nginx/sites-available/openmediavault-webgui is executed BEFORE the rewrite-directive mentioned above. This means, the URI is directly passed to fastcgi without being rewritten.

Is there a way to fix issue #2?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there a way to fix issue #2?

It would have to have its own server config in nginx instead of using OMV's server config. While this is possible, it would be a large change for the plugin. So, I recommend using docker since there will be no webdav plugin in OMV 5.x - Why should you use or not use dockers This would fix both issues and add more flexibility.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!