Error applying FTP configurations (activate sftp) [omv0.5.6]

• Zitat von "lyanthros"

chill, mate. :P he might not know how to do it, or simply might not have noticed it.

Well, then take your (smart-)phone and scroll through hundreds of lines of a log someone posted :/
    Just makes it a pain in the a** to read threads, so please use them :)
    I'll thank you, and others too.

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• sorry didn't think that was a problem..

how do i make code .. just for future reference?

Lyan.. did you try my solution? when i implemented it the first time i did so without rebooting which gave me some strange behavior where the certificate disappeared from the menu.. but after a reboot everything seemed to work fine..

About me:

8 years experince as a IT consultant both filling the role as gerneral IT guy for small business to the role as expert within network, IT security, Storage and Virtualization
    Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT
    Webpage: http://www.dingit.dk

• Either click onto the code button in the full editor or use them yourself

Code
    insert log files here

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Zitat von "offerlam"

Lyan.. did you try my solution? when i implemented it the first time i did so without rebooting which gave me some strange behavior where the certificate disappeared from the menu.. but after a reboot everything seemed to work fine..

not yet mate, are you sure everything went back to normal? can you generate new certificates and use them on all the services without any problems? sftp/https, etc? and remove/delete them if you need too?

the thing is, i was having problems with an ssd i had, so i backup my stuff and made a clean omv 0.5 install, but i intent to have the actual ssd(a new one) run for the longest time it can handle. :P
    so, has to be a definitive fix c'us i plan on upgrading instead of clean-installing on new versions. :P

• David:

Thanks

Lyan:

Well.. there is a bug here so when i create another certificat it again only makes it with the openmediavault file name and not one without it.. which it should..

But i can confirm that i can create another certificat .. i can add this certiifcat to be used for SSL login.. when applying this i get a pop op saying an error occured.. i click ok and refresh the web page and than everything is working..

So i can make certificat.. but every certificat i make will have the bug which i gave you the solution for above until the boys here fixes it

Is that enough? :)

EDIT:

Actually the problem is not that complex. I assume that the intention is that when you create your certificat i will make a file name like this "Openmediavault-GUID" and then OMV should have some code that made the same certificat just wihtout the openmediavault and only the guid which is NOT happening..

by CP you just cope the openmediavault certificat and give it a new filename with the GUID and not openmediavault and vola.. now it works.. :)

I don't think anything is really broken in the OMV software.. its a small thing you can fix by doing it yourself :)

About me:

8 years experince as a IT consultant both filling the role as gerneral IT guy for small business to the role as expert within network, IT security, Storage and Virtualization
    Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT

• and you can't delete them either, right?

• Hi Lyan,

No.. my guess is that its part of the bug..

I get this error when trying to delete my test cert

Code
    Error #3003:
    exception 'OMVException' with message 'Failed to get configuration (xpath=//system/crontab/job[uuid='041ed681-9ab8-4388-a480-c78d1a311efb'])' in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc:504
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/certificatemgmt.inc(252): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->deleteConfigObjectByPath('//system/cronta...', 'org.openmediava...')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceCertificateMgmt->delete(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpcservice.inc(125): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc.inc(62): OMVRpcServiceAbstract->callMethod('delete', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(495): OMVRpc::exec('CertificateMgmt', 'delete', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

That being said.. with my solution you should be able to setup SSL on your FTP service even though there is this bug... until the guys here gets i solved once and for all ..

About me:

Located in Denmark
    CEO of Ding IT

• Offizieller Beitrag

Will be fixed in openmediavault 0.5.7.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!