My docker died

• Hello,

No idea what happened. None of my docker containers were running when I tried to connect to them only to notice that in OMV's dashboard docker is enabled but not running. Tried restarting the server but it's still dead. OMV throws a bunch of error codes at me if I click on docker.

Tried to run some commands through SSH from what I found on google but I can't make heads or tails of what's going on. I noticed if I didn't run commands using sudo then nothing would happen and I'd have to close out and open a new SSH session. Even when using sudo it still jams up sometimes but seems less frequent.

https://imgur.com/a/iYJtLtH

Is there a way I can simply just reinstall docker?

Thank you for any help!

Edit: Running "docker run hello-world" nothing happens, my SSH connection seems to time out and just stop.

• Saw something on github: https://github.com/docker/compose/issues/4486

maybe try the resolve of the last comment

Currently, am using the docker-compose command with setting large timeouts (10mins) and it is working for me. Below is the command which am using

DOCKER_CLIENT_TIMEOUT=600 COMPOSE_HTTP_TIMEOUT=600 docker-compose up

• Can you try and see if you have something else running on 2812

netstat -ltnp | grep -w ':2812' or lsof -i :2812 or fuser 2812/tcp

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does OMV run regular docker or docker-compose?

docker. docker-compose is just a script but is not installed by the plugin.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Not really sure what I did differently but it finally managed to install properly and everything is working again. I had to reconfigure all my images and containers but thankfully that was much quicker to do now that I'm a little more used to things!

I had a suggestion from reddit to move the docker config folder, maybe that's what worked?

Can you try and see if you have something else running on 2812

netstat -ltnp | grep -w ':2812' or lsof -i :2812 or fuser 2812/tcp

I'll try running these commands, I'm curious if the socket problem will persist. My dashboard is no longer working and throws a periodic error if I'm on that tab in OMV. Might be related?

• So I retried mv/var/lib/docker /var/lib/docker-backup again, as per the suggestion from a reddit user. I was unable to get docker working after issuing the restart command however upon physically restarting my server (shutdown command wasn't working for some reason) it now seems to be working.

Does this mean that /var/lib/docker is becoming corrupted or something to that effect? If so, can one fix or prevent this from happening?

Edit: Upon restart docker had no images or containers running so I ran "mv /var/lib/docker-backup /var/lib/docker" and restarted docker. Nothing came back up so I ran docker status, this was the output

https://imgur.com/a/ej6pRFl

Restarted my server, and docker is dead again.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Does this mean that /var/lib/docker is becoming corrupted or something to that effect? If so, can one fix or prevent this from happening?

Reading through this, your docker install and with what you have attempted it's probably f* well and truly, is there a way of rescuing it, highly unlikely.

Start from the beginning, stop and delete your containers then delete the images and any networking you've set up.

Disable the docker plugin, save, apply, then uninstall it, omv-extras from the update drop down do an apt clean, the docker service should now be removed from the gui. OMV-Extras disable the Docker-CE repo, then another apt clean.

Just to check all that from the cli dpkg -l | grep docker this may return an error or nothing another way of checking is dpkg -l | grep openm in that list there should be no reference to docker.

Then simply start again, you could do wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash this will reinstall omv extras, enable the docker-ce repo, wait for it to finish, then reinstall the plugin, drop down to the cli and do systemctl status docker if you have got this far without errors and docker returns as running, then do docker run hello-world and check the gui, and run systemctl again it should report that it's running with hello-world.

If any of that fails, then you may be have to do a reinstall as your setup may be corrupt, there is another recent thread on here with a similar issue. The problem is once you start making changes with suggestions from elsewhere you have no idea, what it may or may not be doing within the rest of OMV.

• Okay, so I managed to get through all of the steps without any errors or issues! So far so good, seems like a good sign. Also, thank you for your excellent step by step instructions.

The only thing I noticed was when I installed the docker plugin I got a "cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- connection refused"

https://imgur.com/a/kvSqWUP

Thank you for all of your help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

"cannot create socket to [localhost]:2812 -- connection refused"

This is not a docker issue, this is related to monit, look here and this is the most relevant, read the second github through and check any changes you have made.

• Ich kann openmediavault-docker-gui 4.1.1 nicht nutzen. Fehler bei der Installation.
    Ich nutze:
    | omv 4.1.15-1 Arrakis | Raspberry Pi 3 B+ | Debian 9.6 Stretch | ARMv7 Processor rev 4 (v7l) | Linux 4.14.79-v7+ |

Fehler bei der Installation

Bitte Helfen Sie mir.
    Vielen Dank!

• Offizieller Beitrag

@M0rpheus search the forum there are number of threads in relation to the Raspberry Pi and docker here's just one of them.

Your best option is to follow that thread and remove your current docker, then in here there is a video installing docker on a Pi

• @M0rpheus search the forum there are number of threads in relation to the Raspberry Pi and docker here's just one of them.

Your best option is to follow that thread and remove your current docker, then in here there is a video installing docker on a Pi

Ich kann keine Lösung für mein Fehler / Problem finden, deshalb habe ich um Hilfe gefragt!
    Dann werde ich mal weiter suchen.
    Danke!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Dann werde ich mal weiter suchen.
    Danke!

I have just attempted to help someone else with a similar problem in all honesty I think this relates to the SD Card, the last post in that thread the install in a VM works, if you look at the thread I pointed out to you, it was resolved by using a quality SD Card. The Pi is Ok but it is prone to the reliability of the SD Card.

• I have just attempted to help someone else with a similar problem in all honesty I think this relates to the SD Card, the last post in that thread the install in a VM works, if you look at the thread I pointed out to you, it was resolved by using a quality SD Card. The Pi is Ok but it is prone to the reliability of the SD Card.

Ich habe es gelöst, ist einfacher wie man erst denkt.
    Netzwerk>Schnittstellen>Bearbeiten>DNS Server auf 1.1.1.1 ändern > Docker Installieren. FERTIG.
    Später habe ich mein DNS Server wieder eingestellt funktioniert trotzdem. (Bis Jetzt)
    Ich dachte es wehre mehr Aufwand nötig.
    Danke für die Info / Hilfe.
    Merry Christmas!

• @geaves I’m having an issue with docker as well. Before I spend half a day rebuilding a new install, figured I’d try one last Hail Mary. I’m getting an error when trying to create any containers, and my currently running containers aren’t accessible via the applicable web UI. The error is:

Code
    “docker error: unknown service containerd.services.leases.v1.Leases: not implemented"

I have a forum post/thread on this issue with additional info. I’ve purged & reinstalled docker several times and the error persists. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Sometimes I wish there was a one fix fixes all, my reference in post 10 is what I did, but I have found your other thread, the problem is when you have a power outage anything can go wrong, there could be hardware damage/corruption, corruption of OMV, me I would start again. I know it's a PITA but this does just work it's when other variables come in it becomes more difficult to resolve, look at post 17, changing the DNS, why should that make a difference?

• Sometimes I wish there was a one fix fixes all, my reference in post 10 is what I did, but I have found your other thread, the problem is when you have a power outage anything can go wrong, there could be hardware damage/corruption, corruption of OMV, me I would start again. I know it's a PITA but this does just work it's when other variables come in it becomes more difficult to resolve, look at post 17, changing the DNS, why should that make a difference?

Yeah I understand, wasn’t sure if you(or anyone) had come across that error before. Like I said, it was a Hail Mary. I appreciate you taking the time to respond(to this and the countless other people). I’ll move forward with a rebuild. Happy Holidays. :)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!