Install OMV5 on Debian 10 (Buster) OMV 5.x (development)

• openmediavault must be adapted to Debian Buster first

Installation went further but failed in the end. I guess it's rather useless to post exact messages but here they are:

So how to proceed? Do you want me to try it on Stretch with self-built Samba 4.9 instead? Or is it worth waiting?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The package is already in the OMV repo, but this does not help, openmediavault must be adapted to Debian Buster first.

The version of php-pam in the repo is compiled for php 7.0 in stretch. I had recompiled it for php 7.3 on buster a while back. So, I was just providing that package. I haven't tried omv 5.x on buster since then.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

The version of php-pam in the repo is compiled for php 7.0 in stretch. I had recompiled it for php 7.3 on buster a while back. So, I was just providing that package. I haven't tried omv 5.x on buster since then.

Compiling only isn’t enough, you need to adapt various files because the install paths have been changed. :-/

• Offizieller Beitrag

Compiling only isn’t enough, you need to adapt various files because the install paths have been changed. :-/

It isn't enough but it was the first step that I had to do. When I was testing, I did change the paths. I stopped when I ran into the salt package issues.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Start omv-engined in foreground and debug mode

Thanks for the reminder (totally forgot about it). Yes, ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pam':

• Just for the record my testing environment and how to get there (2019/02/28).

I grabbed firmware-buster-DI-alpha5-amd64-netinst.iso as a basis installed in VMWare (2 vCPUs, 4 GB RAM, 16 GB OS disk with defaults, 4TB for data shares, 2 for ext4 and 2 for btrfs). While installing I unchecked desktop environment and print server to get a clean base system. For convenience I installed sudo openssh-server gnupg2 (though gnupg is needed for the apt-key task below).

And then I simply followed the instructions @votdev shared already (for Stretch but they work with Buster now too):

Warning: all of the above is for developers/testers only. No need for user tests at the moment (quite counterproductive right now).

• Offizieller Beitrag

what date stimate @votdev that an ISO is ready for download and do general testing?

It shouldn't be before Debian 10 is released. What do you want to test?

• Offizieller Beitrag

stability and pluging compatibility.

Stability of a beta OS? None of the omv-extras plugins are ported yet. So, you can't really test those.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!