Unofficial Plugin Repo for 0.5 Sardaukar, 1.0 Kralizec, 2.0 Stoneburner, 3.0 Erasmus, 4.0 Arrakis

• After reinstalling everything I got problems with connections which was solved when I created lan network in web gui. Other than that portainer was very not intuitive I had better luck creating containers using comand line:
    sudo docker create \--name=plex \--restart unless-stopped \--net=host \-e VERSION=latest \-e PUID=1000 -e PGID=1000 \-v /home/mame/plexconfig:/config \-v /home/mame/plexdata:/data/tvshows \linuxserver/plex

• Hi
    after fresh install OMV5, i would like to instal omv-extras

Code
    root@nas-genna3:~# wget -O - http://omv-extras.org/install | bash
    --2019-12-23 22:35:34--  http://omv-extras.org/install
    Resolving omv-extras.org (omv-extras.org)... failed: Name or service not known.
    wget: unable to resolve host address ‘omv-extras.org’

temporary out ?

• Try resolving other names to IP addresses. If they all fail the you have no working DNS resolution.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• i tried different things (omv-firstaid, dhcp on or dhcp off, with manual ip editing), same.

as it was my first omv5, and very recent, i decided to reinstall OMV 4 from scratch, i did not see any dns issue. Maybe i made some stuff wrong.

back to omv4, with openmediavault_4.1.22-amd64.iso on 16GB usb stick. all my omv system use finally same version.

for next try, what do you propose to me if i get this error ?
    for instance, like this way ? => Losing DNS settings whenever, I install a portainer and docker.

thanks

• But you didn't try what I suggested. You should have tried to resolve other names, in the shell:

ping google.com

When I upgraded my OMV 4 to OMV 5 name resolution was broken. I traced the problem to a missing /etc/resolv.conf file. When I replaced the file and populated it, things worked again.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Don't be so quick to reinstall. This is rarely needed and only then after the user did something that smashed things beyond repair. Minor problems are usually easily corrected and don't need such drastic action.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

temporary out ?

omv-extras moved to a new server/IP address. So, your dns probably hasn't updated. The script is on github as well. Just do:

wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/packages/raw/master/install | bash

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• "Name or service not known" is what I see when my /etc/resolv.conf file goes missing and I can't resolve anything.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

I having a hard time tried to get PiHole to run on OMV5.

Any chance the pxe plugin available in the future ?

I wasn't planning on it. Why are you using pihole for pxe? This is what I would look at - https://hub.docker.com/r/dreamcat4/pxe

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

PiHole has DHCP and DNSmasq features that can be used for PXE.

Did you look at the docker? It uses dnsmasq and nginx and you don't need full dhcp for pxe. You just need a dhcp proxy.

• Hi,

I've just installed ovm 5 and all works good.

When I try to install openmediavault-omvextrasorg_latest_all5.deb either through script or web interface I get a dependence error that I can't solve.

Can anyone help me please?

Thanks!

• Maybe try:

Code
    apt-get install --reinstall openmediavault

--

• I've installed omv from iso to an homemade NAS machine based on an old PC and have just made all the setup.

Do you suggest to re-install all?

That command will reinstall just the openmediavault package, not the entire system.

--

• Thaks for your suggestion but the problem persist...

The error is about the gupg package. It seems that there is a conflict between the gnugp version and the dependences.

This is the output of apt-get install gnupg

Sorry, my system is in italian...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!