issue with docker when installing letsencrypt

• Hi,

I followed the video from technodad to install letsencrypt but i have an issue when i try to create a new network in docker:

# create network my-net
    Unable to find image 'network:latest' locally
    Error response from daemon: pull access denied for network, repository does not exist or may require 'docker login'

Can somebody please help me with that ?

• So I tried reinstalling docker removing the repo docker-ce via the command line, but I still have the same error.

docker network ls gives:

NETWORK ID NAME DRIVER SCOPE
    57a1da62b727 bridge bridge local
    670cd0e97e70 host host local
    8a9dbc8fbf47 none null local

EDIT: I also tried to log in to docker, but that did not change a thing

• I managed to create the network with docker network create --driver bridge my-net. But is it the same result ?

When I do docker logs -f letsencrypt, I get the following error:

Failed authorization procedure. duckdns.org (http-01): urn:ietf:params:acme:error:unauthorized :: The client lacks sufficient authorization :: Invalid response from http://duckdns.org/.well-known…_c5dRPCZn9unSLkz3Wcj_4So: "<html>\r\n<head><title>404 Not Found</title></head>\r\n<body bgcolor=\"white\">\r\n<center><h1>404 Not Found</h1></center>\r\n<hr><center>"
    IMPORTANT NOTES:
    - The following errors were reported by the server:

Domain: duckdns.org
    Type: unauthorized
    Detail: Invalid response from
    http://duckdns.org/.well-known…_c5dRPCZn9unSLkz3Wcj_4So:
    "<html>\r\n<head><title>404 Not Found</title></head>\r\n<body
    bgcolor=\"white\">\r\n<center><h1>404 Not
    Found</h1></center>\r\n<hr><center>"

To fix these errors, please make sure that your domain name was
    entered correctly and the DNS A/AAAA record(s) for that domain
    contain(s) the right IP address.
    ERROR: Cert does not exist! Please see the validation error above. The issue may be due to incorrect dns or port forwarding settings. Please fix your settings and recreate the container.

I think I made the port forwarding correct. There is just one thing I am not sure I understand from the video, technodad refers to the letsencrypt internal addresse at around 7:34. Is it different from the internal ip address of the server ? I can only change the last three digits in my router configuration ...

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Starting at post one, there was/is a problem with your docker install, post two even though you removed and reinstalled still the same error, therefore a problem with your docker install.

I don't use the above, but as a test I tried docker network create my-net and it works!

Post three, I think you have to complete this which is the duckdns, dynamic dns for that part to work, hence the error with the logs

• Thanks geaves - you are the white knight in my OMV legacy :D

I am willing to solve the docker issue but where can I start ? I did a apt-get purge when de-installing and de-activated the repo; before reactivating docker-ce and reinstalling the whole package. Any idea ?

EDIT/ for duckdns, I followed these steps. I checked again the settings and they are correct :s So there is something else. Port forwarding ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am willing to solve the docker issue but where can I start ?

How/what did you remove from the command line? What's the output of dpkg -l | grep openm

EDIT/ for duckdns, I followed these steps. I checked again the settings and they are correct :S So there is something else. Port forwarding ?

You're absolutely sure duckdns is working Ok? the port forwarding is in relation 80 -> 90 plus the other one (can't remember without looking at the video again) these need to be added to your router as per the router once the rest is complete.

• Attached is the output. To remove docker, I did:

apt-get purge openmediavault-docker-gui
    apt-get purge docker-ce
    apt-get -f install

EDIT: I did the whole process once more. Now it does not want even to add the network with docker network create --driver bridge my-net

////

regarding the router, I hope I did it right. I also attached the current settings.

• To check if your duckdns is properly configured you can change the IP manually on duckdns admin page and than wait a minute it should update back to your server IP.

Have you thought running letsencrypt on host mode ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

should I restart from a blank page with docker container stop $(docker container ls -a -q) && docker system prune -a -f --volumes ?

Ok either you know what you're doing or you're trying to confuse me :)

I had has to reinstall Docker myself, I was having a number of issues, so this is what I did;

1) dpkg -l | grep docker
    2) apt-get remove --purge docker-ce this is the 'old way' now you can just use purge
    3) apt=get clean
    4) Back to the GUI and uninstalled the Docker plugin
    5) Still in the GUI -> OMV-Extras -> Updates button -> apt clean -> Services -> Docker should now be gone.
    6) Still in the GUI -> OMV-Extras -> enable Docker CE and wait for it to finish
    7) Still in the GUI -> Plugins -> install the docker-gui 4.1.1 plugin
    8) Reinstalled and configured my Docker containers, now it's working better than it was before.

regarding the router, I hope I did it right. I also attached the current settings.

That looks Ok, if it follows @TechnoDadLife video, and that is the ip of your server, btw is your servers ip address dhcp or static?

• Exactly :) If i manage to confuse you for a second, then that's already an achievement :P

I did the process above and still no result. When I did, docker was already uninstalled after step 3 and docker-ce was still enabled in the web GUI. Also, I never lost any data from the containers (I would have assumed that I would have lost everything after configuration reset :s)

PS: It is set as static

EDIT: I stopped the docker service and did the process again but same result

• Offizieller Beitrag

Exactly If i manage to confuse you for a second, then that's already an achievement :p

I knew it, I should have realised this was a bad idea :D:D

What about doing all this from the GUI?

Stop and remove all the containers, delete the images, Docker plugin disable, save apply, then remove the plugin, OMV-Extras, apt clean, Disable Docker CE which in effect should uninstall it, apt clean again and start from scratch.
    The one thing I have learn't is remove the container and image and try again, if it still doesn't work 'kill it all' and start again. PITA but it doesn't take long to set up a container.

• Sigh ... I did it through the GUI and same thing again. I am good to reinstall everything without any issue solving.

I do not really see what else I can try.

EDIT: could someone post its /etc/default/docker file ? Mine is empty

• Thanks. I did it the brute way, removing manually all configuration files, uninstalling and reinstalling but still no result.

I therefore conclude that the problem might be anywhere else than in docker.

Any idea ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

My system is now fully up to date including Kernel 4.18;

I installed Cockpit, to do that I had to enable backports, why Cockpit, some Docker images were throwing errors in the logs so I installed Cockpit to see if that would help, it didn't, but it's an alternative to the Docker plugin.

So I stopped and deleted all the containers, then deleted the images, stopped Docker from the gui, checked the docker install from the cli and removed it from there, followed by apt clean, then removed the plugin, another apt clean. Then started the whole process from the beginning via gui, since then it has worked flawlessly.

There is a long thread but the issue is based around the Pi, again someone having issues with Docker, there is some helpful information in there which might give you pointers, the key with the video you're following is to be able to create the my-net network as per the video, which I can, but you cannot, which would indicate the problem is with the Docker install.

• I tried all these lines again and nothing different.

I am wondering if I should not make a clean install and start again from there. Maybe something went wrong when I upgraded from OMV3 to 4. What do you think ? Is clean install the likely way to get rid of this when everything else was tested ?

• Offizieller Beitrag

What do you think ? Is clean install the likely way to get rid of this when everything else was tested ?

'If' this was me that would be the way I would go, my current set up has been upgraded from V3 to V4 and moved from one machine to another, Docker was the only problem I had and that was after an update.

I use USB flash drives to boot from, so I have one in use and two backups, once a month I shut the server down create an image, (takes about 20 mins) then I have an image to write to the other two. Once I have an image I write it to one of the two drives, when that's done I shut down and swap the drives, the third drive then gets written which in effect is a master. It's a PITA but I always have a working copy (well two) and I reduce the wear on the flash drives.

I'm sorry I can't help to get this sorted, I've done Teamviewer for some, but that just helps me see what they are doing and the result, language and keyboard layouts are the problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!