Bare metal OMV 4 install issue on Ryzen 3 - screen garbled

• OMV 4.x
    • Bare metal OMV 4 install issue on Ryzen 3 - screen garbled

I have installed successfully before on a VM so I finally decided bare metal server was a go.

The openmediavault boot menu looks fine, no issues, I select install and then I get this garbled screen. I've tried both DVI and VGA outputs.
      I tried to blindly enter my way through the garbled screens using the installation guide screenshots but eventually I got a very red looking garbled screen so I guess the install completely failed.

Any ideas?
      It's a Ryzen 3, motherboard is asrock ab350 pro4, and only the SSD is connected. Using iso on a usb downloaded today version 4.1.3 amd64
      Images
      • Screenshot_20181218-184143__01.jpg

411.38 kB, 1,080×813, viewed 91 times
    • The kernel in the OMV version you install may not support the APU. It is common that kernels in Linux lag behind new hardware a few months.

Try to install using SSH as if your computer is headless. Then update at once and reboot. I don't know if an update will update the kernel, but it might be worth a try. Eventually it will. If this was the issue.
      OMV 4, 7 x ODROID HC2, 1 x ODROID HC1, 3 x 12TB, 2 x 8TB, 1 x 4TB, 1 x 2TB SSHD, 1 x 500GB SSD, GbE, WiFi mesh
    • Users Online 1

1 Guest