Merry Christmas and best wishes for 2019!

• I’ve drunk way too much already so will probably be too fuzzy to post anything coherent tomorrow morning. So, best wishes to all - enjoy the festivities. Have a good one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm sitting at work watching a guy who just smeared shit all over the walls and is suggesting now it looks like Jesus...
    Yeah.. I feel a fight coming.

Even if he's a non-believer, that's just beyond crude. If his parent had busted his a~~ back when it would have done some good, there wouldn't be a need to do it now.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Even if he's a non-believer, that's just beyond crude. If his parent had busted his a~~ back when it would have done some good, there wouldn't be a need to do it now.

You're probably partly right, but this guy's problems go way beyond his parents "not beating his ass"... I'm no sympathizer for poor behavior, but he has legitimate mental problems (pretty severe ones in case it's not obvious).

• Offizieller Beitrag

You're probably partly right, but this guy's problems go way beyond his parents "not beating his ass"... I'm no sympathizer for poor behavior, but he has legitimate mental problems (pretty severe ones in case it's not obvious).

You might be surprised. I think at least 1/2 of neurotic behaviors stem from childhood, and much of that comes from parents not being parents. Not "buddies", not "best friends forever", but parents. While the rest is optional, being a parent is not. If kids are allowed to act out AND it gets them attention, that can go down so dark alleys.

If you have to work with this guy, given political correctness and all that,, well, you have my sympathies.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You might be surprised. I think at least 1/2 of neurotic behaviors stem from childhood, and much of that comes from parents not being parents. Not "buddies", not "best friends forever", but parents. While the rest is optional, being a parent is not. If kids are allowed to act out AND it gets them attention, that can go down so dark alleys.
    If you have to work with this guy, given political correctness and all that,, well, you have my sympathies.

I agree w/ a lot of what you're saying, but trust me, as someone who deals w/ this day in and day out.. mental illness is real. We're obviously going way beyond a Merry Christmas thread, and I don't want to be a Debbie Downer (my post, while true, was in jest as I'm just used to dealing with that nonsense). I personally blame a lot of things. I think the medical community is almost as culpable as the parents in many cases. It seems a kid acting out as a kid, rather than getting his ass beat like he needs, the parents run to the doc and they get put on Ritalin or some other magic drug. So he spends most of his childhood doped to the gills, and falls off Mommy and Daddy's insurance or can't afford it when he's an adult... Now what? He's 10x worse when he's pulled off the magic drug, when really in the beginning, all he needed was an ass beating. I could probably go into a 40 page post on this subject.

The guys I'm dealing with it's way beyond just not being disciplined as a child, although I would bet some of it started that way. They're all criminally insane and it is to society's benefit they are locked up for the rest of their lives. Most of them once the doctors get their meds balanced out, tend to function semi-normally within the institution. The real drama is in the "intake" unit (which is where I was)... where guys either haven't been medicated yet, or have just started a medication cycle and are staying under observation to see how they respond, before eventually being allowed to live w/ the others in kind of an open dormitory style setting. You'd be amazed the changes I've seen in guys when they went from thinking that ramming a pencil up their dick was perfectly normal, to getting medicated and being able to carry on a halfway normal conversation (they're still usually pretty weird, thus the reason for halfway..lol). It would terrify me if some of them were released back into society because I know they'd stop taking their meds.. and in those cases, these guys are extremely dangerous.

No need to have sympathies, I'm here voluntarily.. :). I've done it for years, money's good and I like the schedule as it gives me as much time off as I work (although I generally pull a good bit off OT).

Happy New Year.. :)

• chente

Hat das Thema geschlossen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!