problemes with mounting devices

• Hello guys,
    my name is Martin, I am a newbie and I am trying to install a NAS for my home. OMV is currently running on a Raspberry pie 3. I have access via GUI on my firefox. I formatted the 2 USB sticks(sandisk 32GB USB3.0) with gparted to ext4. Then put it in the Raspberry and checked out what comes up on the GUI.
    under file systems both are visible, one is mounted, one not. When I try to mount it, it says:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C; mount -v --source '/dev/sdb1' 2>&1' with exit code '32': mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/sdb1, missing codepage or helper program, or other error In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try dmesg | tail or so.

The second stick is not able to be unmounted, saying this one:

The XPath query '//system/fstab/mntent[(((((fsname='/dev/sda1' or fsname='/dev/disk/by-id/usb-SanDisk_Ultra_4C530001021229116261-0:0-part1') or fsname='/dev/disk/by-label/NAS1') or fsname='/dev/disk/by-path/platform-3f980000.usb-usb-0:1.2:1.0-scsi-0:0:0:0-part1') or fsname='/dev/disk/by-uuid/85ef1904-2d16-4835-a971-f303167586bd') or fsname='85ef1904-2d16-4835-a971-f303167586bd')]' does not return the requested number of 1 object(s).

When I want to create a RAID, there is no drive to choose...
    I think all these things hang together in any way. Could someone please bring light into my darkness?
    Thank you, BR,
    Martin

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm going to assume that you flashed an image onto an SD-card, and that's where OMV is booting from.

First:
    On the 2 USB drives; why did you format them them with Gparted? You can, and should, format them in OMV's GUI. To start that process, under Storage, Physical Disks, "Wipe" the drives.

Second:
    Why do you want to RAID (RAID1?) 2ea USB thumb drives?

If you're doing this as an experiment;
    (After the wipe) Go to Storage, RAID management, Create, select your drives, etc.
    Finally, go to Storage, File systems and put EXT4 on the /dev/md0 (or whatever the name is for the new RAID array.)

So the process is:
    1. Wipe the drives
    2. Create an Array
    3. Format the Array.

For future reference, RAID+USB is not supported. This is a way to lose your data quickly. This applies specifically to Raspberry PI's and other SBC's that connect to drives exclusively through USB interfaces.

If you're trying to get started, take a look at this -> guide. You might find some of it useful.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!