Docker TransmissionOpenVPN + LUKS -- idiot noob or am I doing something wrong?

• Hey Guys,

So I tried setting up TransmissionOpenVPN docker using the youtube guide provided by the legend that is TechnoDadLife.

The trouble I am having however is it works perfectly until my NAS ever needs to hard reboot, afterwhich the container just goes absolutely nuts. It seems to lock up completely before then reverting to using my boot drive somehow.

I *suspect* the issue is my LUKS plugin. The hard drive I am using for my downloads is encrypted and needs to be unlocked before it can be accessed, I suspect what is happening is Docker kicks back in before I get the chance to unlock the drive.

Before I go ahead and wipe the drive and make it non-encrypted, has anyone gotten Docker and LUKS to behave? I'd really LOVE to keep the drive encrypted, but it's not entirely necessary.

Cheers,

------
    Crowley:
    Xeon X5670
    22GB DDR3 RAM
    1x 16TB Exos 1x 240gb Kingston A400 SSD, 1x 480gb Kingston A400 SSD
    OMV6 on top of Proxmox 7.1

Aziraphale:
    QNAP TS-431
    2x WD 3TB, 2x WD 2TB - basically a backup server for Odin

• Alrighty then, so posting here in case anyone else comes across it.

As per my suspicion, it's 100% the use of an encrypted drive. Even if you set Docker to NOT restart automatically, if your NAS has a reboot and your container uses an encrypted drive it seems to flunk out, my guess is the Docker 'service' gets issues with access even if the container isn't started yet.

Not a really big deal as I don't really need my torrents encrypted, so I have them running on a plain drive with a seperate drive being encrypted for my more sensitive materials (business documents, etc)

------
    Crowley:
    Xeon X5670
    22GB DDR3 RAM
    1x 16TB Exos 1x 240gb Kingston A400 SSD, 1x 480gb Kingston A400 SSD
    OMV6 on top of Proxmox 7.1

Aziraphale:
    QNAP TS-431
    2x WD 3TB, 2x WD 2TB - basically a backup server for Odin

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!