By ID vs By Label Disk

• Just wondering what the difference is between these two, I've plugged in a USB and formatted it, and under filesystems I see /dev/sda1 mounted successfully.

However, if I SSH in and go to /srv I see two folders:
    dev-by-id-disk-Generic_Flash_Disk
    dev-by-label-hastorage

I did change the name of the disk which is when the label version got created, and now I have samba shares setup to access the dev-by-label-hastorage/mysql. However, I also setup the MYSQL component to point originally to dev-by-id-disk-Generic_Flash_Disk/mysql. They don't appear to be the same folder since the one in Samba shows nothing in it. However, they're both /dev/sda1, so how is it possible that two folders that are 'technically' /dev/sda1/mysql not in fact the same? Should I use the label version or the id version when setting up samba (and move over my MYSQL to the dev-by-label)?

Thank you!

• What you see in /srv are directories that can be used as mountpoints. This doesn't mean that anything is actually mounted to them.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!