why my omv didn't use /tmp

• tmpfs 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /dev/shm
    tmpfs 5.0M 0 5.0M 0% /run/lock
    tmpfs 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /sys/fs/cgroup
    tmpfs 3.8G 0 3.8G 0% /tmp

i set emby trancoding cache directory to /tmp . it still show zero on trancoding . it's very strange.

ls -l reads:
    drwxrwxrwt 8 root root 160 12月 31 22:17 tmp

• Please explain more in detail... are you running emby in a docker or did you install the deb. What means 'it show zero on transcoding'? I assume transcoding isn't working and you suspect the culprit to be the tmp directory cause you don't see any data in there?
    If you installed the deb you need to install ffmpeg as well.
    If you use the docker, recheck extra args and gidlist (as mentioned in the setup instructions).
    Don't use hardware acceleration till transcoding is working.

• Please explain more in detail... are you running emby in a docker or did you install the deb. What means 'it show zero on transcoding'? I assume transcoding isn't working and you suspect the culprit to be the tmp directory cause you don't see any data in there?
    If you use the docker, recheck extra args and gidlist (as mentioned in the setup instructions).

i mean used 0 kbyte by the OMV.

im running emby in a docker. is there any good method of setting trancoding directory?

i have tried to link /tmp/transcoding-temp to /transcoding-temp in the docker.

i found docker will create the /tmp/transcoding-temp directory automatically.

ls -l /tmp reads:

Zitat

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 40 12月 31 23:05 transcoding-temp

but no suitable priviliges for emby users.

i mean used 0 kbyte by the OMV.

im running emby in a docker. is there any good method of setting trancoding directory?

i have tried to link /tmp/transcoding-temp to /transcoding-temp in the docker.

i found docker will create the /tmp/transcoding-temp directory automatically.

Zitat

drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 40 12月 31 23:05 transcoding-temp

but no suitable priviliges for emby users.

• you could try using a dediacated tmp directory for emby
    create a directory with proper prmissions somewhere on your hd. I used a dir next to my movie collection
    (in my case: /srv/dev-disk-by-label-Backup/@Movies/transcode_tmp)

in the docker container settings for emby add an entry for volume and bind mounts (the just created dir as host path and eg. transcode_tmp/ as container path. The in the emby settings change the tmp dir to the just created container path.

• thanks. set transcode_tmp to HD is my last option . i have 8g ram. 17% used at most time. so i prefer to set the tmp directory to /tmp .

i couldn't find a easy way to do it.

some methods i thought as below:
    1,create a sh to mkdir with proper permissions under /tmp. load it on every boot.

or 2. mount a new temps in fstab

do you have any better idea?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!