Hard disk doesn't remain mounted

• OMV 4.x
    • You have to check the syslog for more information.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • In the system logs I have : monit[989]:'mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-KINGSTON' status failed(1) -- /srv/dev-disk-by-label-KINGSTON is not a mountpoint.

If I try to mount the file system I get the following error :

Source Code

1. Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/KINGSTON' 2>&1' with exit code '13': $MFTMirr does not match $MFT (record 0). Failed to mount '/dev/sda1': Input/output error NTFS is either inconsistent, or there is a hardware fault, or it's a SoftRAID/FakeRAID hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on Windows then reboot into Windows twice. The usage of the /f parameter is very important! If the device is a SoftRAID/FakeRAID then first activate it and mount a different device under the /dev/mapper/ directory, (e.g. /dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the 'dmraid' documentation for more details.
      I checked my KINGSTON usb stick on my desktop computer : no problems.
    • The first problem is the file system is NTFS, whilst OMV will mount an NTFS I have only ever used/tested a powered USB on a Pi. Also there is an I/O error in the above, related to the USB and probably the file system which may also point to under powering on the Pi.
      Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?