Network UPS Tools to second Openmediavault server

• I have several devices connected to one UPS.
    UPS connected via USB to first Openmediavault server. All working fine.
    I'm enable "Enable remote monitoring of the local connected UPS." and connected several Synology NAS to this Openmediavault server. Now Synology NAS shutdown with Openmediavault server.
    But how possible connect second Openmediavault server to first Openmediavault server???

• As I understand all that need is:

1. Install nut-client (if not installed already)
    apt-get install nut-client -y

2. Edit nut.conf from MODE=standalone to MODE=netclient

3. Edit upsmon.conf to (for example):

MONITOR ups@192.168.3.10 1 monuser password slave

MINSUPPLIES 1
    SHUTDOWNCMD "/sbin/shutdown -h +0"
    NOTIFYCMD "/sbin/upssched"
    POLLFREQ 5
    POLLFREQALERT 5
    HOSTSYNC 15
    DEADTIME 15
    POWERDOWNFLAG /etc/killpower
    NOTIFYFLAG ONLINE SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
    NOTIFYFLAG ONBATT SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
    NOTIFYFLAG LOWBATT SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
    NOTIFYFLAG COMMOK SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
    NOTIFYFLAG COMMBAD SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
    NOTIFYFLAG SHUTDOWN SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
    NOTIFYFLAG REPLBATT SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
    NOTIFYFLAG NOCOMM SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
    NOTIFYFLAG FSD SYSLOG+WALL+EXEC
    RBWARNTIME 43200
    NOCOMMWARNTIME 300
    FINALDELAY 5

where: MONITOR <name_UPS>@<IP_ADDR_NUT_SERVER> <number_UPS_in_server> <login> <password> <master_or_slave>

<name_UPS> - name of UPS on NUT server

<IP_ADDR_NUT_SERVER> - IP of NUT server

<number_UPS_in_server> - number of UPS in system (usual 1) (if you don't want to shutdown server and only monitoring remote UPS this parameter must be 0)

<login> - login from uspd.users (from UPS server)

<password> - password from uspd.users (from UPS server)

<master_or_slave> - master in standalone mode or slave in netclient mode.

Synology used fixed login and password in their NAS and ask only IP address of remote server in their WEB-gui as you can see in screen shot from previous message.
    But think this is not right way.

In plugin we must select MODE: STANDALONE or NETCLIENT (this is edit in nut.conf from MODE=standalone to MODE=netclient)
    Inputs for IP ADDRESS. UPS NAME, LOGIN, PASSWORD (may be <number_UPS_in_server> parameter) (this is change parameters in upsmon.conf)

But unfortunately idk how to rewrite UPS plugin...

• Basically this is a feature I'd like to see as well.

I have just set up a omv server (replacing my WHS2011) and I start to love it. Even as I see there a few things missing ..

I have a pi as an always on controll server for home automation and I'd like this device to monitor the UPS (as is is always on). But on the UPS there is also the OMV NAS. Which could be shut down if the plugin would support remote monitoring. I may also think of a szenario where I have more than one UPS serving different devices. So my whish would be:

* Allow more than one UPS to be monitored (with that tabs in OMV?)
    * UPS can be local or remote.
    * Define how the computer shall act on a UPS message (usually shutdown) per UPS
    * for local UPS allow remote monitoring

That should serve nearly any requirement one can think of.

• Just found this post as I'm setting up NUT on my system too

I have my UPS plugged into my pfSense firewall because it is always on, but the NAS (& other devices) are not - so the firewall is the NUT Master

I know it's not as easy as we would like, but I think all that is required here is to effectively duplicate the "remote monitoring" section of the current UPS plugin to allow editing of upsmon.conf & start / enabling nut-monitor.service

As @DMG mentioned, nut.conf needs the mode changing and upsmon.conf just needs the line:

MONITOR su700@server.example.com 1 upsmon secretpass slave

So, the fields needed are UPSName, Remote Server Name, Username & Password... the number of PSUs (1) and mode (slave) can (I would presume) be hardcoded...

or just leave a text box for users to type into :)

I have done this on my OMV4 installation (by just editing the config files) and it works fine.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!