Installing driver for mellonex 10gb nic

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Installing driver for mellonex 10gb nic

I was trying to install drivers for a MNPA19-XTR MELLANOX 10gb NIC. I downloaded the drivers from there site and ran the install.sh. I am getting an error about linux-headers-generic. Pasted text below.

root@mymediavault:/sharedfolders/data/tmp/mft-4.11.0-103-x86_64-deb# apt-get install gcc make dkms linux-headers-amd64 linux-headers-generic
      Reading package lists... Done
      Building dependency tree
      Reading state information... Done
      Package linux-headers-generic is not available, but is referred to by another package.
      This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
      is only available from another source

E: Package 'linux-headers-generic' has no installation candidate

result of uname -r
      4.18.0-0.bpo.3-amd64

Any solution on how to fix thix.
      Thank You
    • Downloading drivers is typically a windows concept and you definitely don't need to download drivers for that card with the 4.18 kernel. I have five of those cards.
      omv 4.1.17 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • happimeal wrote:

Is there anything special you need to do to get 10gb speeds, I was getting about 50mb/s transferring files between my omv pc and a windows pc right next to it directly connected to it with the spf+ cable.
      What kind of switch? does ethtool report that you are connected at 10000? What file sizes?
      omv 4.1.17 arrakis | 64 bit | 4.15 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 4.1.13
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!