Installing driver for mellonex 10gb nic

• I was trying to install drivers for a MNPA19-XTR MELLANOX 10gb NIC. I downloaded the drivers from there site and ran the install.sh. I am getting an error about linux-headers-generic. Pasted text below.

root@mymediavault:/sharedfolders/data/tmp/mft-4.11.0-103-x86_64-deb# apt-get install gcc make dkms linux-headers-amd64 linux-headers-generic
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    Package linux-headers-generic is not available, but is referred to by another package.
    This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted, or
    is only available from another source

E: Package 'linux-headers-generic' has no installation candidate

result of uname -r
    4.18.0-0.bpo.3-amd64

Any solution on how to fix thix.
    Thank You

• Offizieller Beitrag

Downloading drivers is typically a windows concept and you definitely don't need to download drivers for that card with the 4.18 kernel. I have five of those cards.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Downloading drivers is typically a windows concept and you definitely don't need to download drivers for that card with the 4.18 kernel. I have five of those cards.

Is there anything special you need to do to get 10gb speeds, I was getting about 50mb/s transferring files between my omv pc and a windows pc right next to it directly connected to it with the spf+ cable.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there anything special you need to do to get 10gb speeds, I was getting about 50mb/s transferring files between my omv pc and a windows pc right next to it directly connected to it with the spf+ cable.

What kind of switch? does ethtool report that you are connected at 10000? What file sizes?

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Downloading drivers is typically a windows concept and you definitely don't need to download drivers for that card with the 4.18 kernel. I have five of those cards.

About to pull the trigger on two of these cards, connecting a Debian server with OMV. Do these work out of the box in OMV4 (it sounds like you have it working)? What kind of iperf results are you seeing?

EDIT: Set up, and tested, seeing 10Gbps using iperf3.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!