Minio?

• Has anyone successfully installed and run Minio with OMV?

Minio is installed through Docker, so seems like it could work, but the only comment I found on this so far said it was unstable for someone.

Minio + OMV would be a powerful combination!

http://minio.io

• Offizieller Beitrag

Never heard of it but they list docker and kubernetes as the first two options. So, I'm guessing it was just unstable for that person.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• After several hours of fiddling, I got this up and running.

It's pretty easy to do if you're not running on a Raspberry Pi / ARM processor (just follow the directions on minio.io after installing Docker on OMV).

If you're running OMV on a Raspberry Pi: Minio supports ARM, but the Docker version of Minio does not. To make up for this a few people have created Docker programs that just pull the latest ARM release of Minio. I'm using this one, and it seems to work well: https://github.com/pixelchrome/minio-arm

Then the only change from standard minio instructions is the docker program you run is called minio-arm.

• I have the docker plugin installed via omv-extras, i have the official minio client docker container installed via this Docker plugin.
    I'd love to know how to then configure this minio client docker container.

For example, do I use bridge or hosts? If hosts, what volumes & bind mounts do I specify?
    Search engines come up dry. The one weakness of Docker that jumps out at new users is that unless the user has intimate knowledge of the contained app then they are stuck.

I can try adding the official client directly to the host OS (OMV) but I'm worried about contaminating the system, preferring to use containerised apps.

PW

• Offizieller Beitrag

For example, do I use bridge or hosts? If hosts, what volumes & bind mounts do I specify?
    Search engines come up dry. The one weakness of Docker that jumps out at new users is that unless the user has intimate knowledge of the contained app then they are stuck.

Before you pull an image, typing in the reposity name in the Pull dialog will allow you click the info button taking your the docker hub page. This page should explain what volumes you should mount. The bridge or hosts question can't really be answered by someone other than you. That is a preference most of the time but bridge is probably what you will use most of the time.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Thank you for trying to be helpful ryecoaaron. Docker hub pages I have looked at have little to no info.

In the case of the minio client, it's a command line utility, it's usage is explained man page style but the Docker page is useless.

Deploying Docker directly in your host OS & pulling the minio client container is clearly documented by minio & a blog post from Alibaba.

As for doing so within the OMV Docker plug in, I'm lost. Clearly a deep dive into all things Docker would be needed to go this route.

I'll repost here any info I can discover for the benefit of others.

Cheers
    PW

Update : How to get minio client working from command line to talk to Alibaba Cloud OSS

1) By installing Docker via OMV-Extras plugin I effectively have Docker installed in my host OS - this was a point of confusion for me.
    Docker & the minio client container can also be installed conventionaly from command line.

Walk through Docker install here : https://www.digitalocean.com/c…nd-use-docker-on-debian-9

Then add minio :

docker pull minio/mc

This can be checked by going to shell in a box and entering :

sudo systemctl status docker

2) Using the OMV-Extras Docker plugin to search for & install the official minio client works as expected. Minio is available in my host OS via Docker container.

3) Minio aka mc, will need to be configured to run against S3 compatible servers, start the container this way:

docker run -it --entrypoint=/bin/sh minio/mc

* mc stores all its configuration information in ~/.mc/config.json file. This can be changed using mc config. So, taking this info I'm guessing that I can arbitrarily create a shared folder '/docker/mc/' and add this to the minio client docker config within OMV plugins?

4) Next use the mc config syntax to configure mc for usage with Alibaba Cloud OSS:

mc config host add oss <OSS_Endpoint> <OSS_ACCESS_KEY> <OSS_SECRET_KEY>

How to apply information this to the Docker plugin gui for minio client is the last step to solving this.
    Will update later.

PW

• Offizieller Beitrag

How to apply information this to the Docker plugin gui for minio client is the last step to solving this.

You can pull the image with the plugin but there is no way to use interactive mode with the plugin. That has to be done from the command line.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!