Help with Docker, Nextcloud installation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Help with Docker, Nextcloud installation

New

Dear Community,

I have a little bit problem that I install the Nextcloud application in Docker.
      The system main component the Asrock J4105-ITX mobo that I firstly installed Debian 9 (netinst) and I secoundary installed the Mv

I followed the steps this video : youtube.com/watch?v=PKsq7k2pwsI

I have a Debian root user hat nam is stigma and I created a new user what name is stigma_megosztas

I created a 2 new folder Appdata and Nextcloud and I have set the following:
      - Everyone read/write
      - Guest allow
      - Inherit permission

I configurated the mariadb and nextcloud in a docker and I want to login the web site the Nas id adress example :(192.168.1.10:444)
      I give a 2 error message:
      1. under 10-15 sec I give an 504 error (nginx)
      2. After I refreshed the page I give this error:
      Your data directory is readable by other users
      Please change the permissions to 0770 so that the directory cannot be listed by other users.

When I conficureted a mysql I tried to configure it with another user PUID and PGID but the error massage is same
      - stigma user : PUID: 1000 PUID:100
      - stigma_megosztas user : PUID: 1001 PUID:100
      - admin user(when I loggin the OMV) : PUID: 998 PUID:100

I think the solution is here because the root user can write the Appdata folder. But When I created this folder (Appdata and Nextcloud) I set write Everyone and Guest Allow
      I think this folder should be in the write permissions a user who I configurated PUID and PGID

I don't know that information is important or not but my HDD use NTFS partition therefore there is not ACL menu item.

If someone could help, I would thank you very much.
      Images
      • shared_folder.png

31.47 kB, 819×333, viewed 26 times
    • New

Thanks for the information.
      I have attached the permission of Nextcloud and Appdata, only root has the authority

MariaDB:
      ../Appdata/Nextclouddb => maridab => only root user have a permission

Nextcloud:
      ../Appdata/Nextcloud => / config => only root user have a permission
      ../Nextcloud => / data => only root user have a permission

Do I need to add the user whose my PUID was added to mysql to the /data (sharedfolder/Nextcloud) folder?
      Images
      • AppData_folder_permission.JPG

47.52 kB, 592×499, viewed 16 times
      • Nextcloud_folder_permission.JPG

48.62 kB, 575×499, viewed 12 times
      • users_stigma.JPG

40.53 kB, 544×425, viewed 13 times
      • users_stigma_megsztas.JPG

43.38 kB, 556×460, viewed 12 times
    • New

I believe I found the problem that may be due to the HDD file system because of NTFS.

In Virtuaklbox I created a similar debian9.6 system for which I installed OMV (jessie)
      openmediavault.readthedocs.io/…stallation/on_debian.html

I then configured an HDD1 with EXT4 partition
      Then I created the necessary folders as follows (Appdata [subfolder1: Nextcloud, subfolder 2: Nextclouddb] and Nextcloud) under the following conditions (as root)
      - Everyone read / write
      - Guest allow
      - Inherit permission

I've configured the necessary shares and docs
      Then with the steps in the description, I put the docker image (mariadb and nextcloud) and the nextcloud started first.

I'm a little happier now because I realized the mistake. :D
    • New

Virgil.A wrote:

stigma wrote:

I'm a little happier now because I realized the mistake. :D
      That is the best way to learn, I would have never guessed that ntfs would be the problem :))
      Well, I didn't even think of it, but I tried it in virtualbox and that's why I think it is.

I'll try it out in the middle of the week, reinstall the system and make backup backup data, I will only use Ext4 drives in the future (because the OMV not like the NTFS system)