User and group seach

• Hello,

I am new to OMV and have a OMV 4 installation connected to my LDAP database witch has over 1000 users and groups. As such I have a hard time granting permissions on shared folders.
    Is there any plugin or any way (that I'm missing) to search for a specific user or group in the user/group section ou shared folders section?

Thanks
    Pedro

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is there any plugin or any way (that I'm missing) to search for a specific user or group in the user/group section ou shared folders section?

No but you could use ldapsearch or getent from the command line.

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks for your answer.

The intended purpose is for permission grating, using the GUI, I have to scroll down through 1000+ users to find the one specific user I intend to give permissions to, in the users/groups section is even worse as I have to go through 30+ pages.
    Do you know if there are any plans to implement a search? or if I can grant permissions to shared folders in a more users friendly way?

Best regards,
    Pedro

• Offizieller Beitrag

Do you know if there are any plans to implement a search? or if I can grant permissions to shared folders in a more users friendly wa

No plans that I know of. OMV is really targeted toward home users who would never have 1000s of users/groups/

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!