Mount drives without formatting

• Hello all,
    Before I had to reset my server I had 3 external drives in OMV joined together in a union filesystem. I had to reinstall my server (switched over to ESXI) and now I can't seem how to mount those three drives without formatting. In OMV when I try to add a file system It wants me to format the drive I'm adding, which I don't want to.

Does anyone know if it's possible to mount these drives or do I need to format them?

Thanks.

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you click mount in the filesystems tab, it shouldn't try to format them. It will only do that if you click create. Are the filesystems in the list in the FIlesytems tab?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If you click mount in the filesystems tab, it shouldn't try to format them. It will only do that if you click create. Are the filesystems in the list in the FIlesytems tab?

No, the disk only appear under the "Disks" tab, not under the File Systems. I can only see them under File Systems if I create a new file system.

• Offizieller Beitrag

No, the disk only appear under the "Disks" tab, not under the File Systems. I can only see them under File Systems if I create a new file system.

If the Filesystems tab doesn't show them, then Linux doesn't "see" a filesystem. How are you presenting the disk to the OMV guest? Passthrough (rdm)?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Yes, I'm passing the disks through the VM like on my old setup. Linux sees the disks just fine, but it thinks it's weird filesystem and doesn't want to mount or have anything to do with them.

Edit: Here's a link showing some images
    https://imgur.com/a/KVvfBDr

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von zibbp () aus folgendem Grund: Added images

• Offizieller Beitrag

I pass through quite a few disks on ESXi on my personal setup and they work fine. I'm not sure why you can't see the filesystems.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!