Mount drives without formatting

• OMV 4.x
    • Mount drives without formatting

Hello all,
      Before I had to reset my server I had 3 external drives in OMV joined together in a union filesystem. I had to reinstall my server (switched over to ESXI) and now I can't seem how to mount those three drives without formatting. In OMV when I try to add a file system It wants me to format the drive I'm adding, which I don't want to.

Does anyone know if it's possible to mount these drives or do I need to format them?

Thanks.
    • If you click mount in the filesystems tab, it shouldn't try to format them. It will only do that if you click create. Are the filesystems in the list in the FIlesytems tab?
      omv 5.1.3 usul | 64 bit | 5.3 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.1.11
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • zibbp wrote:

No, the disk only appear under the "Disks" tab, not under the File Systems. I can only see them under File Systems if I create a new file system.
      If the Filesystems tab doesn't show them, then Linux doesn't "see" a filesystem. How are you presenting the disk to the OMV guest? Passthrough (rdm)?

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
    • I pass through quite a few disks on ESXi on my personal setup and they work fine. I'm not sure why you can't see the filesystems.