OpenVPN-AS Docker Container Fails to Start with Script Permission Denied Errors

• Hi,

I had been running the Openvpn-as container in Docker via the OMV GUI for months with no issues, however I had a problem this week with the system disk space running out due to the Docker volumes. So, as it was a simple set up I just deleted the existing containers (Openvpn and Nextcloud) and recreated them with the option set for the base directory on a shared directory on the NAS. Nextcloud has recreated fine and is running happily with the container volumes on the shared NAS folder. The Openvpn-as container however fails to start with the error var/run/s6/etc/cont-init.d/50-interface: line 11: /config/scripts/confdba: Permission denied and /run: line 3: /config/scripts/openvpnas: Permission denied (repeated until the container is closed).

I have looked at the permissions in the container and can't see an issue, and I have also tried running the openvpnas script from within the container as root and I get the same permission denied error.

As I mentioned, the Nextcloud container is working fine and is using the same shared folder on the NAS as the base folder. I have also pulled the Emby container as a test and that started first time with no errors, so it definitely seems to be a problem with the Openvpnas container, yet the same container had worked happily for months until I deleted it and recreated it with a NAS folder as the base folder (rather than the OMV system disk which is a USB stick of modest size), done from within the OMV GUI.

Has anybody experienced this issue before and managed to resolve it, or does anyone have any clue where I should look next? It's giving me a headache!

Many thanks!

• Is the drive where the docker base directory is located mounted exec?

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• What method did you use to remove the noexec from your drive? I see from other posts there’s multiple ways and places you can edit for this. I’ve been dealing with same error trying to set up this container. Thanks in advance.

• Make a backup copy of /etc/openmediavault/config.xml

Edit /etc/openmediavault/config.xml and look in the <fstab> section for the <mntent> subsection that applies to that drive.

On the <opts> line change noexec to exec and save the file.

As root in the shell run the following command:

omv-mkconf fstab

Run the following command as root or reboot the machine:

mount -a

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• That did the trick. Many thanks. Now to figure out how to configure it again. It's been a while since I last used it. Little different then the plugin that I been previously running. Thanks again.

Update: Got it set up and running. Config was actually pretty easy. Thanks again gderf for the assist.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!