OMV-Theme plugin, theme changer and UI customisation

• So the day has finally come to release this plugin.

Deb package details:

Package: openmediavault-theme
    Version: 0.5.0
    Maintainer: Virgil A.
    Homepage: https://github.com/virgil-av/openmediavault-theme
    Description: Plugin to change ui themes and ui manipulation

Download link:
    https://github.com/virgil-av/o…/openmediavault-theme.deb

Requirements:
    1. OMV 4.x

How to install:
    1. Download above .deb file
    2. Go to the plugin tab in OMV's web interface.
    3. Upload the file.
    4. Select the newly uploaded plugin openmediavault-theme
    5. Click on Install. Refresh page.
    6. If any repo errors after you upload just ignore that and click ok, it is the omv trying to update stuff nothing related to this plugin

Once you installed the plugin you should see the a new item in the left menu under the System called "Theme changer"

How to update:

Option 1:

• download deb file that I post when I make and update
    • upload deb file
    • uninstall previous plugin
    • install again

Option 2:

• in the web ui click on "Theme changer"
    • than select the "Update" tab
    • click on "Update now"

This is the current state of the available options

Final notes

• plugin uses the already built theme changer tool
    • you can still open the terminal version by calling "omv-theme"
    • if you uninstall the omv-tool the plugin will not work any more
    • you can do updates on the fly by just pressing the update button
    • code is available on github, if you want to fork and create your own be my guest
    • if you want new features make a request, preferably with specifics in mind
    • if you built a theme and want it included in this tool just submit it to me
    • if something breaks I take no responsibility, but I will try my best to fix the problem
    • have fun.
  • Great work! You saved my eyes with the Dracula's theme!
    I hope it will be added to omv-extras-org (or even in OMV directly) soon :D I don't know how many people follow this forum and saw it.

Intel G4400 - Asrock H170M Pro4S - 8GB ram - Be Quiet Pure Power 11 400 CM - Nanoxia Deep Silence 4 - 6TB Seagate Ironwolf - RAIDZ1 3x10TB WD - OMV 5 - Proxmox Kernel

• Offizieller Beitrag

I hope it will be added to omv-extras-org

I can work on that.

So the day has finally come to release this plugin.

How are you building this package without a changelog?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• How are you building this package without a changelog?

I am not very familiar with creating deb packages, I actually started with the bare-bones of the openmediavault-wol plugin and after that when I started to understand the structure I just cleaned up.

My workstation runs Fedora 29 to build the deb file I just run dpkg-deb --build openmediavault-theme and that is enough to create the package.

I am not sure about change-log I need to read about it and see how to properly write it

• Offizieller Beitrag

My workstation runs Fedora 29 to build the deb file I just run dpkg-deb --build openmediavault-theme and that is enough to create the package.

The fedora part worries me since it isn't Debian-based. I like to build plugins on the same system version they will run on.

If you copy the rules and changelog files from the wol plugin, you should be to use fakeroot debian/rules clean binary (maybe not on fedora and you either need to capitalize debian in the command or lowercase your debian directory). This will put the version in the package filename which I have to have to put in the omv-extras repo.

I am not sure about change-log I need to read about it and see how to properly write it

Not sure if it is available on fedora but dch will automatically create the changelog and new entries. See this code - lines 389-429 https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…ult/mkconf/developer#L396

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Hallo OMV
    Bei mir hat die Methode über OMV's web interface > Upload the file > Select the newly uploaded plugin openmediavault-theme usw. nicht funktioniert. Ich musste den openmediavault-theme.deb über die Konsole > dpkg -i openmediavault-theme.deb installieren. Erst dann erschien der neu Eintrag "Theme Changer" im rechten menü!
    1 Frage zum Update: Laut der Anzeige ist diese Version zur Zeit installiert.
    Current version installed:
    openmediavault-theme v0.5.0
    omv-theme v3.0.0
    Ist das die Aktuelle Version?
    Weil wen ich auf Theme Changer > Update > Update ui plugin and omv-theme tool > Update now klicke, bekomme ich diese Meldung:

Code
    Reading package lists...
    Building dependency tree...
    Reading state information...
    Reinstallation of openmediavault-theme is not possible, it cannot be downloaded.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
    Fertig ...

Ist das alles richtig? Ist eine Aktualisierung über Konsole möglich / nötig?

2 Frage: Ist Change logo und Change header background image mit eigenen erstellten "Design" möglich? Sind bestimmte Masse für das jpg notwendig, welche sind das?
    Vielen Dank klasse Arbeit!

• There is no update since the release, there are a lot of things happening in my life and I don't have time to invest in more features for the time being, I will still maintain it and fix bugs.

Also if you press the update button from the plugin update page, ignore what you see in the console unless it is an error, because I am updating plugin files not the package itself.

Also I don't know german, if you have questions make sure they are translatable in english as google translate is confused too.

If I understood your question, the reason I use url for images is because it makes life simple, i take that url, download the image on the server and than apply it to the ui, there is no upload function. You can use jpg, png, gif formats.

• There is no update since the release, there are a lot of things happening in my life and I don't have time to invest in more features for the time being, I will still maintain it and fix bugs.

OK. Thank you! Very good work!

Also I don't know german, if you have questions make sure they are translatable in english as google translate is confused too.

My english is worse than google translate! Sorry.
    Thank you for your answer!

• I can recommend the web browser extension DarkReader.
    It works perfectly fine with OMV (I personally use Filter setting, not Dynamic, for pure black) and looks amazing. And it doesn't have the risk of screwing something up in the installation process and it won't suddenly stop working because of an OMV update.

• I can recommend the web browser extension DarkReader.
    It works perfectly fine with OMV (I personally use Filter setting, not Dynamic, for pure black) and looks amazing. And it doesn't have the risk of screwing something up in the installation process and it won't suddenly stop working because of an OMV update.

Not a bad plugin to be honest the only thing is I for one really dislike plugins that can read data.

• Not sure if it's possible, but it would be useful if you can copy an existing or the default theme to create a new theme. After that, to be able to download it and to make changes to that theme and re-upload it would be great.

In the meantime, I'd like to create my own theme and then send it to you for inclusion in the plugin. How can I create my own theme? Is there some information somewhere that would help with this?

Thanks

• Not sure if it's possible, but it would be useful if you can copy an existing or the default theme to create a new theme. After that, to be able to download it and to make changes to that theme and re-upload it would be great.

In the meantime, I'd like to create my own theme and then send it to you for inclusion in the plugin. How can I create my own theme? Is there some information somewhere that would help with this?

Thanks

Due to work related issues I don't have too much time to create or improve themes but I am keeping an eye on the forum.

If you want to edit or modify a theme have a look here: https://github.com/virgil-av/omv-theme/tree/master/themes

In that folder you have the source files .scss and the compiled .css

You can write your theme in css directly no need to write it in sass (you can compile sass to css here: https://www.sassmeister.com/)

The tool takes the css file it renames it to theme-custom.css and than clears the cache have a look here: https://github.com/virgil-av/o…tions/themes-functions.sh to see the full process.

If you build a theme or modify a current theme just attach it here on the forum and I will add it as soon as possible.

• Great program! Thank you. Just a heads up for people that may have been wondering the same thing as me as to why their theme isn't changing and staying the same as the first one they changed to. I was using Chrome, but this likely can occur with any other browser. You'll have to clear your browser data to see the change, as the website is cached (if that's the correct term) to save on having to reload it fully, so you won't see the theme.

• Great program! Thank you. Just a heads up for people that may have been wondering the same thing as me as to why their theme isn't changing and staying the same as the first one they changed to. I was using Chrome, but this likely can occur with any other browser. You'll have to clear your browser data to see the change, as the website is cached (if that's the correct term) to save on having to reload it fully, so you won't see the theme.

You can actually get it to reload with Shift+F5 and it will reload the whole theme.

• Plugin doesn't really seem to work on 5.x

JavaScript
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"Failed to execute command 'export PATH=\/bin:\/sbin:\/usr\/bin:\/usr\/sbin:\/usr\/local\/bin:\/usr\/local\/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-mkconf apply_theme 'theme-blackish' 2>&1' with exit code '127': sh: 1: omv-mkconf: not found","trace":"OMV\\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=\/bin:\/sbin:\/usr\/bin:\/usr\/sbin:\/usr\/local\/bin:\/usr\/local\/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-mkconf apply_theme 'theme-blackish' 2>&1' with exit code '127': sh: 1: omv-mkconf: not found in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/system\/process.inc:182\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/theme.inc(65): OMV\\System\\Process->execute()\n#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceTheme->setTheme(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setTheme', Array, Array)\n#4 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('theme', 'setTheme', Array, Array, 1)\n#5 {main}"}}

Is omv-mkconf absent on 5.x?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Plugin doesn't really seem to work on 5.x

Most plugins from 4.x or earlier won't work on 5.x.

Is omv-mkconf absent on 5.x?

Yes. A quick and dirty port would be changing every line starting with
    $cmd = new \OMV\System\Process("omv-mkconf","
    and replace with:
    $cmd = new \OMV\System\Process("/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/

But really, all of those scripts just call the script that they are calling.

• Plugin doesn't really seem to work on 5.x

JavaScript
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"Failed to execute command 'export PATH=\/bin:\/sbin:\/usr\/bin:\/usr\/sbin:\/usr\/local\/bin:\/usr\/local\/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-mkconf apply_theme 'theme-blackish' 2>&1' with exit code '127': sh: 1: omv-mkconf: not found","trace":"OMV\\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=\/bin:\/sbin:\/usr\/bin:\/usr\/sbin:\/usr\/local\/bin:\/usr\/local\/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; omv-mkconf apply_theme 'theme-blackish' 2>&1' with exit code '127': sh: 1: omv-mkconf: not found in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/system\/process.inc:182\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/theme.inc(65): OMV\\System\\Process->execute()\n#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceTheme->setTheme(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setTheme', Array, Array)\n#4 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('theme', 'setTheme', Array, Array, 1)\n#5 {main}"}}

Is

Most plugins from 4.x or earlier won't work on 5.x.

Yes. A quick and dirty port would be changing every line starting with$cmd = new \OMV\System\Process("omv-mkconf","
    and replace with:
    $cmd = new \OMV\System\Process("/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/

But really, all of those scripts just call the script that they are calling.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply. Got another error but ran fine manually:

root@filemaster:~# . /root/omv-theme/app/functions/themes-functions.sh
    root@filemaster:~# apply_theme theme-dracula

Code
    {"response":null,"error":{"code":0,"message":"Failed to execute command 'export PATH=\/bin:\/sbin:\/usr\/bin:\/usr\/sbin:\/usr\/local\/bin:\/usr\/local\/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/mkconf\/apply_theme 'theme-blackish' 2>&1' with exit code '127': \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/mkconf\/apply_theme: 22: \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/mkconf\/apply_theme: source: not found","trace":"OMV\\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=\/bin:\/sbin:\/usr\/bin:\/usr\/sbin:\/usr\/local\/bin:\/usr\/local\/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/mkconf\/apply_theme 'theme-blackish' 2>&1' with exit code '127': \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/mkconf\/apply_theme: 22: \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/mkconf\/apply_theme: source: not found in \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/system\/process.inc:182\nStack trace:\n#0 \/usr\/share\/openmediavault\/engined\/rpc\/theme.inc(65): OMV\\System\\Process->execute()\n#1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceTheme->setTheme(Array, Array)\n#2 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)\n#3 \/usr\/share\/php\/openmediavault\/rpc\/rpc.inc(86): OMV\\Rpc\\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('setTheme', Array, Array)\n#4 \/usr\/sbin\/omv-engined(537): OMV\\Rpc\\Rpc::call('theme', 'setTheme', Array, Array, 1)\n#5 {main}"}}

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!