Docker not installing on new install

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am installing docker on a new system

You aren't really installing docker yet. It is failing to add the docker repo key because of the tty error that I thought I fixed in the latest version of omv-extras.
    Are you using omv-extras 4.1.13?

omv 7.0-32 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I removed the docker key setting from omv-extras 4.1.14 since the gpg key file itself is already installed. This should prevent this issue.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.9 | compose 7.0.9 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here is my system info.

Did you install the latest omv-extras? Disable the docker repo until you do.

• I'm having major problems as well, I just updated a ton of stuff after no having touched my NAS for a few weeks and ended up having issues with saving files in Deluge, tried to re-install Docker, as it threw up some weird errors and now it won't install at all, with a bunch of different errors.

Once the install fails, this is the error message I get:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/docker.inc(31): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.do...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModuleDocker->getStatus()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

It just keeps repeating itself.

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von TheLostSwede ()

• Just pulled the latest omv-extras deb and tried to install docker got this install error

OMV-EXTRAS v4.1.14
    docker plugin: v4.1.2

//// edit

managed to make it work there is a problem somewhere with docker-ce

I'm having major problems as well, I just updated a ton of stuff after no having touched my NAS for a few weeks and ended up having issues with saving files in Deluge, tried to re-install Docker, as it threw up some weird errors and now it won't install at all, with a bunch of different errors.

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '/config/services/docker'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/docker.inc(31): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.service.do...')
    #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/services.inc(56): OMVModuleDocker->getStatus()
    #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceServices->getStatus(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getStatus', Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Services', 'getStatus', Array, Array, 1)
    #6 {main}

It just keeps repeating itself.

I got a similar error when I did it on my test machine until there is a fix for the plugin to manually fix it you can try what I did:

ssh into your server and start running the following commands:

apt-get install \ apt-transport-https \ ca-certificates \ curl \ gnupg2 \ software-properties-common

curl -fsSL https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu/gpg | sudo apt-key add -

add-apt-repository \ "deb [arch=amd64] https://download.docker.com/linux/ubuntu \$(lsb_release -cs) \ stable"

apt-get update

apt-get install docker-ce

refresh your ui

you can see this steps on this page too

https://docs.docker.com/install/linux/docker-ce/ubuntu/

• Offizieller Beitrag

SLOW DOWN everyone. All three of you are having different issues.

Any changes in the omv-extras repo address?

No. What is the output of dpkg -l | grep openm

ssh into your server and start running the following commands:

Please don't. omv-extras is already doing exactly those steps. And you shouldn't use the ubuntu repo on debian when a debian repo exists.

This is a plugin issue probably caused by docker-ce not completely installing. Purge the plugin and install docker-ce first then the plugin.

docker (Y/I/N/O/D/Z) [default=N] ? dpkg: error processing package docker-ce (--configure):

When installing from the web interface, this is automatically answered with no. You need to answer with yes. apt-get -f install and then answer yes.

• I only just managed to snag this screenshot, as it moves really fast and I have no idea what's going on before that.
    This happen every time I try to install Docker since yesterday.

I've tried purging, not having any luck with that, as it claims everything is gone, but alas.
    Any suggestions on how I can purge more than "apt-get purge docker-ce" ?

The Uninstall option seems to purge things too, but alas.

OMV 6.x, Gigabyte Z270N-WiFi, i7-6700K@3GHz, 16GB DDR4-3000, 4x 4TB Toshiba N300, 1x 60GB Corsair GT SSD (OS drive), 10Gbps Aquantia Ethernet

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have no idea what's going on before that.

I do. See my post above.

• Are you using the Ubuntu (Proxmox) kernel?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here you go.

What is the output of:

omv-changerepo "Docker CE" enable
    omv-mkconf omvextras
    apt-get update

Are you using the Ubuntu (Proxmox) kernel?

It doesn't matter. Even proxmox uses the Debian userland and should use the Debian docker repo.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I did the above and got the error as above.

on which step? Can you please post the output?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!