Password protected share

• How do I make a password protected share for Windows?

When the owner of the folder/files is different than my Windows username it simply says I cannot access it, but when the share is changed to same username as I have in Windows I can just access it without using any password.
    How can I make it so that it will ask for a password regardless of my username?

• but when the share is changed to same username as I have in Windows I can just access it without using any password.

I assume you want to connect to a SMB/CIFS share on Windows. Windows uses the username and password of the user which is currently logged in for connecting to an SMB share. If this is identical to the OMV user for a share you can access it without asking for any password. Normally this is the desired behavior.

You have simply to configure a different password in OMV. Then you will be asked for a password.

I don´t know if there is a possibility to configure SMB to ask for the same password as used in Windows.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• I assume you want to connect to a SMB/CIFS share on Windows. Windows uses the username and password of the user which is currently logged in for connecting to an SMB share. If this is identical to the OMV user for a share you can access it without asking for any password. Normally this is the desired behavior.
    You have simply to configure a different password in OMV. Then you will be asked for a password.

I don´t know if there is a possibility to configure SMB to ask for the same password as used in Windows.

Ahhh, it finally starts to make sense now. In Windows I had the same username and password.
    I changed my password for the username on my server and now it's asking for a password. Thnx!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!