After configuration nginx revers Proxy no acces to nextcloud (502 Bad Gateway)

• Hi there,

I am just trying to sercure my Nextcloud and get acces from external.

I setup Nextcloud in docker with the How To Video of TechnoDadLife at the first step.
    Then tried to get it worked with the second Video HowTo of TDL >

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

But at the end I can`t access Nextcloud. Not from external and not from internal anymore.

502 Bad Gateway

Portforwarding ist working.
    I get the Letsencrypt Cirtificate in my Browser and can see my SubDomain.

Does someone have an idea how I can troubleshoot this error? ?(

Many thanks in advanced.

Answers in german or russian would be fine too.

• I have the same issue.

1. I updated and renamed "nextcloud.subdomain.conf.sample" - As a result the traffic is correctly forwarded to the Nextcloud docker.
    2. I updated "nextcloud/config/config.php" to trust my domain, added "trusted_proxies" and do the host/protocol overwriting:

3. Now I had access-logs in the Nextcloud Nginx Log directory. But the browser screen always says "Bad Gateway".

• After re-checking the nginx error.log I see:

Code
    2019/07/11 15:11:42 [error] 369#369: *5 nextcloud could not be resolved (3: Host not found), client: 192.168.0.1, server: get.acme.net, request: "GET /favicon.ico HTTP/2.0", host: "get.acme.net", referrer: "https://get.acme.net/"

which relates to this line in the letsencrypt proxy configuration:

Code
    set $upstream_nextcloud nextcloud;

I also tried those with no success:

Code
    set $upstream_nexcloud 192.168.0.111;

set $upstream_nextcloud get.acme.net;

The latter even seems to create a loop in the server ("*762 768 worker_connections are not enough while connecting to upstream, client: 192.168.0.1,").

Why can the "nextcloud" variable not be found? I guess it's the name of the docker image, which should be there.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!