Reset / Reinstall OMV

• I just started testing around with OMV.
    I now start to see how i like it, but my testing have given some mess around + some errors.

So i whant to reinstall or reset OMV to default with default plugins only.

The more important thing is that i have added 2 of my backup HDD to the system and uploaded/transfered all files there (only backup now).
    So i realy don't whant to mess around and risk loosing the data on thos 2 HDD.

Is there a safe way to reinstall or should i remove the none system HDD before starting this reinstall?

Regards

Frode

• Allways remove data disks when reinstallating your OMV. It saves you many headaches. You can reattach them after install.

Greetings
    David

PS: I would suggest that you allways try things first in a virtual machine before trying them on your real OMV NAS. Another solution ist that you backup your system with clonezilla before you test things on your NAS.

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!