Combining/Merging two Level 1 RAIDs (or their filesystems)

• Hello,
    I have the following setup:

3TB(HDD)-mirrored by-3TB(HDD)
    4TB(HDD)-mirrored by-4TB(HDD)

on both of these raid1s I have an ext4 filesystem (one is allmost full, the other empty).
    I want to combine them, so I can use the space on them simultaniously so it looks similar to this from the outside:

7TB combined-mirrored by-7TB combined

I have read, that mergerfs could do something like this but I have no Idea how to use it. I could not find any introduction tutorials for mergerfs and omv. I have backups in place in case something goes wrong, but I would like to keep my data while combining the two raids.

If I missed any information, please tell me, I just want a 7TB filesystem (with redundacy) that I can share on my network.

Thank you for your help in advance!

• Okay, it was really easy. I downloaded the unionfilesystem plugin after installing ovmextras. Then I went to the union-filesystems tab, added a new one combining the two. Apply. The only thing left to do was changing the drive of the shared folder and apply the change again.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!