Upgrade 3.0.79 to 4.x on Debian 8 Ras Pi

• OMV 4.x
    • Upgrade 3.0.79 to 4.x on Debian 8 Ras Pi

I am looking for instructions on how to upgrade my OMV from 3.0.79 to the latest stable version 4. My reason for doing so is I set up OMV about a year ago and only recently revisited my setup. I want to install Open VPN but the installed libraries point to dead links so I figure it's time to upgrade.
      I am running on a Raspberry pi Debian 8 (Jesse)
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Tom
    • In case you haven't done yet, get a second good A1 rated Micro SD card, test it for fake capacity, then shut down the board and clone the OS offline to the new SD card. Now you have a backup of your installation.

Then choose either card to boot and then try to run sudo omv-release-upgrade via SSH. This should bring you up to latest OMV 4 (post dashboard screen to check OMV and kernel version -- that latter needs to be 4.14.x then). If it doesn't work you have at least an OS backup.
    • flhtk wrote:

I am looking for instructions on how to upgrade my OMV from 3.0.79 to the latest stable version 4. My reason for doing so is I set up OMV about a year ago and only recently revisited my setup. I want to install Open VPN but the installed libraries point to dead links so I figure it's time to upgrade.
      I am running on a Raspberry pi Debian 8 (Jesse)
      Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

Tom
      OK since you were so helpful with that may I ask some basic forum maneuverability questions?
      How do I 'watch' a thread?
      Or is there an easy way to save a thread for future reference?
      I see 'edit' 'quote' 'like' & 'dislike' as assignable designations but no readily apparent means of sorting or locating threads by those assignations.
      Please pardon the helplessness of a OMV forum newby.
      Kind regards,

Tom