Failed to start Raise network interfaces.

• So, I tried to change my MTU today and was greeted with the following error when I went to apply the changes.

[QUOTE]

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl start 'networking' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(146): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('start', NULL, false)
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/networking.inc(44): OMV\System\SystemCtl->start()
    #3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleNetworking->startService()
    #4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusgH...', '/tmp/bgoutputrx...')
    #8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))
    #9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)
    #10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)
    #11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)
    #13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)
    #14 {main}

I logged into ssh and executed systemctl status networking.service and received the following:

● networking.service - Raise network interfaces
    Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/networking.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
    Active: failed (Result: exit-code) since Thu 2019-01-31 22:41:48 EST; 3min 7s ago
    Docs: man:interfaces(5)
    Process: 20494 ExecStart=/sbin/ifup -a --read-environment (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    Process: 20489 ExecStartPre=/bin/sh -c [ "$CONFIGURE_INTERFACES" != "no" ] && [ -n "$(ifquery --read-environment --list --exclude=lo)" ] && udevadm settle (code=exited, status
    =0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 20494 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
    CPU: 33ms

Jan 31 22:41:48 SPACE systemd[1]: Starting Raise network interfaces...
    Jan 31 22:41:48 SPACE ifup[20494]: RTNETLINK answers: File exists
    Jan 31 22:41:48 SPACE ifup[20494]: ifup: failed to bring up enp2s0
    Jan 31 22:41:48 SPACE ifup[20494]: RTNETLINK answers: No such device
    Jan 31 22:41:48 SPACE ifup[20494]: run-parts: /etc/network/if-up.d/openmediavault-route exited with return code 2
    Jan 31 22:41:48 SPACE ifup[20494]: ifup: post-up script failed
    Jan 31 22:41:48 SPACE systemd[1]: networking.service: Main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
    Jan 31 22:41:48 SPACE systemd[1]: Failed to start Raise network interfaces.
    Jan 31 22:41:48 SPACE systemd[1]: networking.service: Unit entered failed state.
    Jan 31 22:41:48 SPACE systemd[1]: networking.service: Failed with result 'exit-code'.

I then executed journalctl -xe and received a huge wall of text. Will paste if it'll help resolve this.

Case: U-NAS NSC-810
    Motherboard: ASRock - C236 WSI Mini ITX
    CPU: Core i7-6700
    Memory: 32GB Crucial DDR4-2133

• RTNETLINK answers: No such device

The above line is the problem, have a look here from post 7 but whatever you do it must be done directly on OMV not via ssh

Here's what I get when I run /etc/init.d/networking restart

Restarting networking (via systemctl): networking.serviceJob for networking.service failed because the control process exited with error code.
    See "systemctl status networking.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
    failed!

Yet, everything will seem to work fine again. I just can't change any networking options via the OMV interface.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yet, everything will seem to work fine again. I just can't change any networking options via the OMV interface.

As in the MTU value? Mine isn't set and I'm using a static IP, it's something I have never changed nor set up.

• As in the MTU value? Mine isn't set and I'm using a static IP, it's something I have never changed nor set up.

Correct. Nothing can be changed without that error coming up.

• The default value is 1500, I did do forum search for MTU and TBH there is not a lot.

If I try to change anything, my DNS, my IP, my WOL enabled/disabled, i get this error. I literally can not change anything network related.

• I wonder! if clearing your browser cache and/or omv-firstaid option 10 to clear the web panel cache would help.

Already tried the browser cache, but it's definitely an issue with debian. Apparently it is kind of common according to google, something to do with the predictable adapter names, but none of the fixes that I've tried have worked.

Networking seems fine, if I need to change anything it seems I have to manually update my /etc/network/interfaces file with nano and then reboot the machine since trying to restart networking services results in this error. When I reboot the boot journal also says same thing about not being able to start networking due to not being able to raise network interface.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!