HP Gen8 Microserver
    Xeon E3 1260L
    16GB Ram
    4 x 4 TB Hard Disk
    1 x 120 GB root ssd

in OMV 2.X it was working.
    Eno1 was 192.168.2.3
    Eno2 was 192.168.2.4

I made a clean install months ago to OMV 4.x.
    Now on 4.1.18-1
    with Kermel 4.18.0

Everything looks and runs good. Docker, sharing, emby and so on no prpblems.

But when I try to set a static IP in WebUI for the second network card i get this error.

networkinterfaces looks like that:

Somebody can give me an advise how to solv it?

The funny thing is, i can log into the machine with 192.168.2.4

• I'm having the same exact issue right now. I can set an IP from omv-firstaid, but only on one NIC. If I try one NIC or the other the oposite NIC will go down and not be able to be brought back online.

Web interface produces error

• I believe this may be caused by having two gateways on one server. Do you have gateways set on both NICs? I removed one and the error seems to be gone. Now I have to figure out the route...

Never mind that, I made a change to the network in the GUI and it still had the error with no gateway.

• Hey there bud i have been tinkering with getting a good pair of intel branded nics installed into my omv box. i had 1 network card initiated and every time i tried to activate another my omv network shut down and i had to reboot the system then it would just cycle asking to apply/reverse the change .

i solved this by going into the bios and disabling the onboard nic so my to pci nics could be used in balanced mode and it applied and worked straight away.

this probably might not apply to you just thought i would lay it out there just in case your in the same boat that i was.

• Hey there bud i have been tinkering with getting a good pair of intel branded nics installed into my omv box. i had 1 network card initiated and every time i tried to activate another my omv network shut down and i had to reboot the system then it would just cycle asking to apply/reverse the change .

i solved this by going into the bios and disabling the onboard nic so my to pci nics could be used in balanced mode and it applied and worked straight away.

this probably might not apply to you just thought i would lay it out there just in case your in the same boat that i was.

Thanks for the info. The Gen8 has overall 3 nic's onboard. And I want to use 2 of them for traffic. the third one is for ILO

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!