SMART question

• Hello,

I'm seeing alerts in the syslog about SMART errors on my disks.

Code
    Feb  6 15:22:21 openmediavault smartd[3379]: Device: /dev/disk/by-id/ata-Hitachi_HDS722020ALA330_JK1175YAHYVU5X [SAT], SMART Prefailure Attribute: 1 Raw_Read_Error_Rate changed from 100 to 99

From what I understand, the Raw_Read_Error_Rate met down the VALUE score from 100 to 96 and as long as the THRESH flag is not reached it works ? Or am I completely wrong and the hard drive is slowly dying ?

The hard drives are no longer very young and have been spinning for a while. ~ 5 years

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G on Asus TUF B450M-PLUS - 16Gb RAM - 3 * 3To RAID5 on LSI Megaraid SAS 9260-8i and 3 SSD in Fractal Design Node 804 Black

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Methy ()

• In the smart panel => device, how can i put the parameter -d megaraid,11 for the device SDA ?

i look in the /etc/smartd.conf but I do not think it's the right place.
    would you have an idea or add this option for the SMART to be reassembled :?:

In CLI i can take SMART information :

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G on Asus TUF B450M-PLUS - 16Gb RAM - 3 * 3To RAID5 on LSI Megaraid SAS 9260-8i and 3 SSD in Fractal Design Node 804 Black

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Methy ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

The raw read error rate may increment, especially with Seagate drives, but it's not a cause for concern because there are error correction schemes built in. (Reported uncorrected errors are another matter.)

For spinning drives, the following are the smart attributes to watch. While a count of 1 or 2 may not mean anything, if any of the following begin to increment, there's cause for concern:

SMART 5 – Reallocated_Sector_Count.
    SMART 187 – Reported_Uncorrectable_Errors.
    SMART 188 – Command_Timeout.
    SMART 197 – Current_Pending_Sector_Count.
    SMART 198 – Offline_Uncorrectable.

The rest of the attributes vary from OEM to OEM, where raw counts, the thresholds, etc., can mean anything. (Single count, linear measure, logarithimic, etc.) You'd have to research each attribute on the various drive OEM web sites.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!