OMV Web login fails

• Hello,

the log in to the webinterface is failing. On the first time that happens wars the / spammed by Docker, so i'm deleted all containers and set it to another SSD (not / ). that seems to be fine and im going to recreate all my docker containers. this hapens yersterday, today is the same problem but on / is enougy space:

Is ist docker again? By the way has somebody an comand to clean up the Docker automatically?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your output is not helpful because we don't know the size of the drive. df -h would be helpful. That said, it isn't docker since images are stored in /var/lib/docker. Your /root/ directory has the most spaced used. What did you fill /root/ with??

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Ok it is an 500 ssd with ca 4 Gb for / . On the first it wars Docker that it fill up my / so that i'm set it up to another SSD.

Code
    root@OMV:~# du -hxd1
    3,5G	./192.168.178.35
    44K	./.config
    12K	./.ssh
    3,5G	.

the /192.168.178.35 is an remote mount. Iḿ not understanding why it is blow up my root ?(

Any ideas what is wrong?

• Offizieller Beitrag

the /192.168.178.35 is an remote mount. Iḿ not understanding why it is blow up my root

Because you are using the -x flag on du, it would look at disk use on a different mount point. So, the 192.168.178.35 isn't a mount point. It is a directory with files in it. Something is wrong with your remote mount.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• Offizieller Beitrag

can i'm delet it over ssh?

Assuming you don't want anything in that directory, yes. rm -rfv /root/192.168.178.35

I would also give yourself more space in the OS partition if you are going to use docker. 4GB is enough without docker but...

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have docker outsorced to another ssd in the pluginsettings, is that enough?

probably

How i can automatically clean up my docker?

Not sure. Maybe watchtower does that? I don't use docker very often.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Any idea what is happend there and why is this folder created?

Not really. I would guess an rsync or rsnapshot job that was trying to write to something that wasn't mounted. None of the plugins would write to /root/. So, I can only guess it is something you wrote.

• It has something to to with am Rsync job. I have one job that has to push all the stuff inside one folder to diskstation. How ewer the folder is again there, with the same problem again. So i have delete it again to log in to the webinterface.

Here is an screanshot from the Rsync job.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your setup is wrong and is causing the issue. You have the IP address of the remote server but no path. Look at the notes below that field for the proper format.

• Oh yes, thaks for that. I have corrected but i some werid messeage:

please wait, syncing </srv/dev-disk-by-label-cc/kona/> to <niko@192.168.178.35:kona> ...

Host key verification failed.
    rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
    rsync error: unexplained error (code 255) at io.c(235) [sender=3.1.2]

The synchronisation has completed successfully.

Well for me it is not succesfully... Niko is the user and he has full acess to the folder, so what goes here wrong?

• Offizieller Beitrag

so what goes here wrong?

No idea since I know nothing about the remote server. Do you have rsync listening on that server? If not, ssh keys need to be setup. There are guides for that.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!