SabNzbd Cannot create backup file for /config/sabnzbd.ini.bak

• I’ve been getting the same error after every container update. Everything has been updating and running fine so I haven’t looked too much into it, but it’d probably be good to figure out and fix. I’ll follow here and if I find out a fix I’ll let you know.

• Good evening,

A problem of right on the folder /config of the container ?

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G on Asus TUF B450M-PLUS - 16Gb RAM - 3 * 3To RAID5 on LSI Megaraid SAS 9260-8i and 3 SSD in Fractal Design Node 804 Black

• The user account whose GUID and PUID is configured in the container must have rights to the folder. (It seems to me, or am I mistaken ?( )

AMD Ryzen 5 2400G on Asus TUF B450M-PLUS - 16Gb RAM - 3 * 3To RAID5 on LSI Megaraid SAS 9260-8i and 3 SSD in Fractal Design Node 804 Black

• can you try with chmod 777 on the directory corresponding to /config just to try ?

• me it is regularly updated with WatchTower and I have no problem :)
    You had to miss an option in the configuration of the container.

sorry but I do not see, try to redo another container with another path for /appdata (/config in the container)

• Did you ever figure this out? I just installed and I am having the same exact issue.

@'indigo I just did. I believe sabnzbd creates .bak for you as a backup. If you look at your two files you will notice that the .bak is updating and .ini is not. I had to change the permissions on sabnzbd.ini and then it was happy again.

• thank you for the feedback

i have reset the whole container, it is strage thedn inside docker contianer usally it is no need for config permissions. how ever it seems notw to work

• @'indigo I just did. I believe sabnzbd creates .bak for you as a backup. If you look at your two files you will notice that the .bak is updating and .ini is not. I had to change the permissions on sabnzbd.ini and then it was happy again.

I've got this error too...tho' I don't use Watchtower. But could you explain - for a real noob - what you did did, step by step to change permssions on sabnzbd.ini?

I am able to see the .ini and the ini.bak files (I use WinSCP to access OMV on my server from my PC) but I don't see where / how to change the permissions on sabnzbd.ini. From OMV or from in Sabnzbd, or from somewhere else?

• Hi, new member here!

I’ve very little Linux experience so please keep that in mind.

I just installed OMV 5 and am really impressed overall, despite many teething issues. I had this very issue with Sabnzbd, and I eventually worked out the problem, so I wanted to help out! I followed a youtube video’s for OMV to set this up, but this video seems to have left a step out.

We use a PUID and a PGID to tell Portainer to set up our Dockers to be used by an a specific OMV user we’ve created (eg. Bob). By default a directory created with OMV for our docker volumes will have the system 'root' as the owner! The issue arises because we need the volume directory of our Dockers to be owned by the user (eg. Bob) which we created and configured Portainer with using PUID and PGID.

In OMV dashboard, go to Access Rights Management > Shared Folders.

Select our appdata share (we created this when setting up Sabnzbd for Portainer).

Select ACL.

Allow our User (eg. BoB) account to Read/Write.

Below this change the Owner from 'root' to your User (eg.Bob) (>this is the issue<).

I then selected the Recursive option to apply to sub files and folders.

Done. Now your Docker with have the file/folder permission by virtue of being the owner of the folders containing the volumes it needs to run Sabnzbd.

Best of luck.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Hypersap () aus folgendem Grund: OMV version

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!