I accidently added sdc to RAID1 with sda1. So I forgot the "1" on "sdc". Who can tell what to do?

• Hello everybody, :)

I made my first experiences with OMV and set up my first RAID.
    As mentioned in the header, it's a RAID-1-Mirror.

During formating, I discovered, that there is a problem with my multi-plug power supply for one disk. I had to pull it and get a better cable.
    After that, of course, my RAID was degraded and I tried to add the device again to the RAID.

Unfortunately, I made a mistake with this command:

mdadm /dev/md127 –add /dev/sdc :cursing: instead, I should have written:mdadm /dev/md127 –add /dev/sdc1

As I forgot the one, now I have a RAID containing sda1 and just sdc without the one. So I seem to have added the whole device and not just the primary partition.
    I added a screenshot to show that, see attachement.

The restore is now running since 24 hours and seems to take much much longer than that.

Can anyone please tell what to do?
    Abort and delete sdc and then add sdc1 or letting it finish and do the same afterwards or is it maybe even OK like that and I can keep it?

Thanks a lot in advance.
    Bajuware

• Dass das mal nicht tkaiser sieht :)
    Du hast hoffentlich ein Backup deiner Daten, bzw. wenn es dein erster Versuch mit OMV ist, dann sollte das Raid 1 Mirror ja eigentlich leer sein. Wie wär´s mit Plattmachen der Disks und das Raid neu einrichten?

Es gibt Leute hier im Forum, die meinen ein Raid 1 braucht niemand privat. Besser die zweite Platte für das Backup mit rsync etc. einsetzen.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Servus Leo,

ist tatsächlich mein erstes OMV und mein erstes RAID. Daher war auf der Platte auch noch nix drauf außer ein paar gesicherte Bilder...
    Bin tatsächlich am Überlegen, ob ich das Ganze nicht abbrechen soll. Wahrscheinlich indem ich das RAID in OMV lösche, keine Ahnung ob das während des syncs geht. Muss ich mal recherchieren...

Ggf. wäre tatsächlich ein richtiges Backup besser für nen Normalverbraucher. Danke für die Anregung...

VG

• Raid ersetzt kein Backup. Letzteres gehört auch dazu.

Oder wie @geaves so schön schreibt: Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute? ;)

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!