Unable to reconnect after power outage

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Unable to reconnect after power outage

Hello all, not sure where to put this but here are the specs.

Raspberry Pi 3

3 hard drives connected via usb.

Every time the power goes out, I lose the server setup. I have to re-instal the entire server, remount the drives, recreate the shares. Go back in to windows and re-map the drives.

Is there any way of just backing up the flash drive and on a power outage just restoring from the backup?

Thanks in advance

Eric
    • gunneric wrote:

Every time the power goes out, I lose the server setup. I have to re-instal the entire server, remount the drives, recreate the shares. Go back in to windows and re-map the drives
      Sounds like a counterfeit SD card faking higher capacity than it has. So all your writes go to nowhere but as long as the RPi is powered the stuff lives in the filesystem/page cache. Once you reboot everything has gone.

The readme.txt at the download location points to this thread where it's written: It's strongly recommended to always test your SD card with either F3 or H2testw first to check for counterfeit/broken cards.

BTW: 3 disks connected to an RPi are 3 too much :)