Diskstats / Disk usage not compatible for LUKS encrypted drives?

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is this on the HC-2?
      Statistics/Monitoring are disabled by default on ARM images in order to reduce writes to the SD card.

You can enable monitoring in the GUI of OMV. But be aware that this is not good for the SD card.
      Odroid HC2 - armbian - Seagate ST4000DM004 - OMV4.x
      Asrock Q1900DC-ITX - 16GB - 2x Seagate ST3000VN000 - Intenso SSD 120GB - OMV4.x
      :!: Backup - Solutions to common problems - OMV setup videos - OMV4 Documentation - user guide :!:

The post was edited 1 time, last by macom ().

• I don't activate or use disk monitoring. I even avoid activating ANYTHING that I don't REALLY need. It makes life a little boring, but I get time over to USE my servers and their contents.

As I understand it some monitoring, if activated, may cause a lot of writes to the root filesystem on the SD card. That can drastically shorten the life of the SD card. By default all such writing to the SD card has been disabled or greatly reduced. That is why I avoid changing things unless I REALLY need to have them changed.

It is possible to move the root filesystem from the SD card to the SATA disk. Or the parts of the root filesysten that are written to. That may be necessary if you REALLY need to write a lot to the root filesystem. Or it might be desirable if the disk is a SSD or a SSHD drive.

But it is a bit fiddly to move the root filesystem to the SATA disk. (Hint: You need to prepare suitable partitions in advance and use a special script nand-sata-install.sh)
      OMV 4, 7 x ODROID HC2, 1 x ODROID HC1, 5 x 12TB, 1 x 8TB, 1 x 2TB SSHD, 1 x 500GB SSD, GbE, WiFi mesh