browser cannot connect

• Hello,
    I had OMV up and running and later had problems with docker (different story). I just started over and reflashed the SD card for raspberry pi, ran sudo apt update/sudo apt upgrade and all is well seemingly though I cannot log in with a browser. I'm on Mac Osx Mohave, have the raspberry pi connected by ethernet; router reports 192.1681.1.101 and I can ping the RBP in terminal with same IP 192.168.1.101. When I try to access 192.168.1.101 in the browser, though it says it cannot establish connection. Previously I fiddled with SSH connection through terminal on OSx and thought that this might be the problem however I can't even connect with a browser from a laptop connected by wifi (previously I could). Any ideas? I'm dead in the water and cannot set anything up. Thanks in advance. :D

• Fixed it. No idea why this works but with ifconfig I changed the ip address to a different one and I'm now able to log in with the browser. for some reason the xxx.xxx.x.101 didn't want to connect. I changed to xxx.xxx.x.151 and all is well. Any ideas why this could happen???

• I just started over and reflashed the SD card for raspberry pi, ran sudo apt update/sudo apt upgrade

That was the mistake. The readme.txt at the download location clearly states:

Code
    On first boot the installation will be finished. REMAIN PATIENT PLEASE since
    this can take up to 20 minutes with a slow SD card and slow internet
    connection (needs internet access to update all packages to latest version).
    After one automatic reboot SD card activity led stops blinking and then your
    Raspberry Pi is ready!

if you interfere with this stuff by fiddling around with apt on your own or simply lack the patience to wait for the single automatic reboot then you won't be able to access the web interface. After the reboot would have happened everything is fine.

It's a feature not a bug trying to prevent users to fiddle around with settings while the RPi is not (yet) ready. The only missing ingredient is patience here.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!