Internal SD Card Odroid HC2

• Was just doing some troubleshooting and did a clean OMV install on a spare 32GB microSD.
    I'm running off a 16GB usually and was actually running out of room, with docker images taking up some space. And I was hoping to upgrade to 32/64 at some point soon.

But I noticed that the 32GB card still has the same <8GB space when you look in the "File Systems" tab.

Is this being caused by the Odroid XU4 OMV image? Do I need to install a different way, manually?
    Or is there some way for me to expand the file system across the rest the card?

• Did you test the card before using it? Please see this post: Is my USB flash drive going bad?

Maybe you have more than one partition on the card. You should check the card with e.g. parted or gparted.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• As a rule I am sure of nothing...

But seriously, all I did on that install was download the most recent odroid XU4 image, and write it to the SD using Etcher.

There's now two partitions on it, that I can see:

/dev/mmcblk1p2 btrfs 7.32 GB
    /dev/mmcblk1p1 ext4 57.97 MB

• Add a third partition or unused space to the second mmcblk1p2....

• Offizieller Beitrag

There may be more space that is not partitioned/formatted.

If you want to resize the 7GB partition you need to do that on another linux computer, with the card in a card reader. I like to use gparted.

You can also create an extra partition from the free space from the command line while OMV is running. I like to use parted and mkfs.

I use a 32 GB card but I don't have all the available space partitioned. Just the normal 7GB. I believe that means that the flash memory is able to wear-level the flash storage better and the card will last significantly longer. I have no real use for the extra storage on the card. I prefer to use a very big hdd.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• Good point, but as far as I know the wear levelling is done a lower level than that and it would have no effect whether you have 7 or 32 GB partitioned. The only case it would be worse off is if you had 30GB or so full and there was only 2Gb left to wear level with.

• The only case it would be worse off is if you had 30GB or so full and there was only 2Gb left to wear level with.

IMO there's two different things here to consider

• size of the card (partitioning irrelevant). If you have exactly the same write pattern an 8GB card will wear out 4 times faster than a 32 GB card
    • SD card using all the available space (99%-100% fs full). Now if the card's controller is bad at wear leveling and garbage collection most likely your SD card becomes a lot slower and might wear out a lot faster compared to leaving an unused spare area (partitioning not all the space)

I tested the latter with old and crappy 4GB cards and were able to kill a few of them in no time. That's one of the two reasons why Armbian leaves some spare area on each SD card, see comments and logic here: https://github.com/armbian/bui…armbian-resize-filesystem

TL;DR: If you want to full capacity delete the 3rd partition and let a resize happen but with some small spare area to help your card maintaining 'low on space' situations. There's a service in Armbian that simply needs to be enabled again and this resize happens at next boot when you delete the 3rd partition before. Though too lazy to search for the threads where I already explained it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!