Applying configuration does not do anything

• Hi,

I'm trying out the OMV system for the first time. After a few tweaks to the setting the "The configuration has been changed. You must apply the changes in order for them to take effect." message pops up.
    Now I tried about everything and it just won't go away.

I tried

• Starting fresh
    • Editing the config.xml

Every time I press the Apply button the following popup appears

But nothing happens. same goes for pressing revert and with a load of other commands in the system. I'm having the same problem with creating a filestorage and deleting system logs.
    The logs show no errors and I'm clueless what to do now.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction

• Editing the config.xml

Don´t do this. This is the configuration database of OMV. Normally there is no reason for manual changes here. Try to restore the original version without your changes.

Cleaning the browser cache does help in some cases.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• For custom changes it is better to change /etc/default/openmediavault

After applying changes it is necessary to execute some commands depending on the service which was changed. For example all config entries for Samba starts with OMV_SAMBA_....

Then execute omv-mkconf samba and systemctl restart samba (Insteadservice smbd restart should also work or simply reboot the machine).

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!