Error after install

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Error after install

I just installed the most recent version on OMV onto my server after performing a hascheck and after rebooting I see the this error. Any ideas?

Attempting Boot From USB DriveKey (C:)
      Error: attempt to read or write outside of disk 'hd0' .
      Entering rescue mode . . .
      grub rescue>
    • silk186 wrote:

These are the three screens I get at boot.
      Ah!! that's a HP, hence the error attempt to read outside 'hd0' the system is attempting to boot from the Raid controller, so this will depend on a number of things;
      Can the Raid option be turned off i.e. to AHCI
      Can the system be set to boot from USB, whilst it must be able to otherwise the install USB would not work
      If the Raid option can be turned off/disabled does the controller support single drives -> on some HP's and Dell's the only way to do this is to set each drive as Raid 0....not ideal and therefore would require a separate Sata controller.
      Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?
    • geaves wrote:

silk186 wrote:

These are the three screens I get at boot.
      Ah!! that's a HP, hence the error attempt to read outside 'hd0' the system is attempting to boot from the Raid controller, so this will depend on a number of things;Can the Raid option be turned off i.e. to AHCI
      Can the system be set to boot from USB, whilst it must be able to otherwise the install USB would not work
      If the Raid option can be turned off/disabled does the controller support single drives -> on some HP's and Dell's the only way to do this is to set each drive as Raid 0....not ideal and therefore would require a separate Sata controller.
      That makes sense. The guy I got it off of ran OMV on it from a USB drive so I know it is possible.
      He doesn't have internet right now so he can probably help me in a few days.
      I remember he said that he didn't use the internal RAID card.
      I will try the HP community forum.