No files shown in shared folders - but in SMB?

• Hi,
    I have a strange problem.

I have several shares.

If I go on terminal to /sharedfolders all folders are shown.
    If I enter one of the folders and type ls, no file is shown.

I installed filezilla like here:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

If I go to "storage" in filezilla everything is shown.

The files which are in a SMB share are working as expected.

If I delete a share in "access rights management" (only the share, not the data), and add it new, it is working for now. But after a reboot I have the same problem again.

I think something is wrong with the right...but can not find a problem here.
    Handy help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Fabian

MoBo: Fujitsu D3417-B
    CPU: Intel Celeron G3900
    RAM: Samsung DDR4 - 8 GB ECC
    Case: Fractal Design Node 80
    HDD: SSD 64GB (System), 2*3TB+1*4TB (Data) + 1*4TB (Parity). UnionFS + Snapraid
    OMV 4
    Router: Fritzbox 7590

• The files which are in a SMB share are working as expected.

Did your SMB share configuration points to the right shared folder? I would assume that it points to a different location than /sharefolders/yoursharefolder. Maybe it points to /storage instead.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Did your SMB share configuration points to the right shared folder? I would assume that it points to a different location than /sharefolders/yoursharefolder. Maybe it points to /storage instead.

Yes. It is the same folder...If I open the SMB settings I can only chose what it selected as share - right? I did not do anything outside the GUI of OMV.

Strange.
    Fabian

OMV 4

• If I go to "storage" in filezilla everything is shown.

Nevertheless I think this is an configuration issue. Where is your "storage" folder located?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• You are right.
    In the fielzilla install I put the direct folders of the fielsystem in. This is in /srv/.

So this is clear that filezilla is showing everything.

But why do I not see all my data in the sharedfolders?

Have a look here:

First you see what is in /sharedfolders/Medien ->nothing
    after this you see /srv/6932c4ba-438f-4cd1-a508-7e36b648ea5b/Medien ->all folders are listed

How comes.

It was different a while ago.
    ???

Thanks.

Fabian

OMV 4

• Please check your share folders configuration. If you create an Samba share (or any other share) a shared folder has to be selected which must be created previously. This shared folder must point to your folder directory e.g. /srv/6932c4ba-438f-4cd1-a508-7e36b648ea5b/Medien
    The issue must be found here someplace.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

• The strange thing is that the Samba share is working great. No problem here!

Only in terminal there is the problem if I go to /sharedfolders.

Normally this should not be a problem. But I want to Backup all shares with USB-Backup using this method:
    USB Backup Plugin: Backing up multiple shares with one Job

This was working great...but now the links do not see my data any more...

OMV 4

• To make it clear what is happening.

I see the shares - so the root of the share -> "Medien". But I do not see the included folders/files in my shares. So I do not think it is a problem with the share itself but with rights of the data in the share.
    Does this makes sense?

Thanks.
    Fabian

OMV 4

• Who should be the owner of all data in the shares if I want to use it flexible via Samba etc.?
    How should the rights be set?
    Thanks

OMV 4

• Here you see the problem quite well. This is from cloudcommander. Installed via docker with the tutorial from technodad.
    Hope this helps.
    Left you see the /sharedfolders.
    Right you see the direkt link in the filesystem.
    Thanks.

OMV 4

• First you see what is in /sharedfolders/Medien ->nothing
    after this you see /srv/6932c4ba-438f-4cd1-a508-7e36b648ea5b/Medien ->all folders are listed

Aah, there is some kind of sym link or bind mount between this two folders. I do not know cloudcommander nor the tutorial of technodadlife. Sorry.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• So I tried to investigate more without using installed programs nobody knows ;)
    The problem is this:

I ad a new share via the GUI.
    I ad this share to the Samba shares.
    I copy some files to this share via Windows/Samba
    I can see the share and all data in this share via Windows and via SSH-Terminal as root.
    I reboot the system.
    After rebooting I see the share via Windows/Samba and SSH-Terminal.
    I see all data in the share via Samba/Windows.
    I see the share via SSH-Terminal as root
    I DO NOT SEE THE DATA IN THE SHARE VIA SSH-TERMINAL as root!!!

So what is the problem here?!?!? I am lost!

I create the share like this:

And the Samaba Share like this:

Hope this helps to solve the Problem.
    Thanks.
    Fabian

OMV 4

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von FFrank ()

• Hello,

Has this issue ever been solved. Im running OMV 5 on a Raspberry Pi with similar issues - samba shares working fine until i reboot. Some shared folders do not appear and none are populated with data.

• Hello,

Has this issue ever been solved. Im running OMV 5 on a Raspberry Pi with similar issues - samba shares working fine until i reboot. Some shared folders do not appear and none are populated with data.

Replying to a post that is well over a year old is generally not a good idea as much has changed in the software since then.

If you are running OMV 5 (you should properly tag your posts) and you are looking in /sharedfolders/ any folders found there will not be populated. by default.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• If you are running OMV 5 (you should properly tag your posts) and you are looking in /sharedfolders/ any folders found there will not be populated. by default.

Hello gderf,

I upgraded from OMV 4 to 5 > complete new installation.

Now i want to copy some data from one disk to another via ssh with rsync as root.

As in OMV 4 i navigate to /sharedfolders/

But nothing is shown there.

How can i see my shares in ssh?

Two Shared Folders are generated in the GUI. Samba shares are working fine.

Stefan

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!