Cannot chnage the session timeout for the web gui

• Using a version of OMV installed a couple of days ago & updated today ( 4.1.19-1)
    The time out on my web gui is set to 5 min & does not accept any changes.
    After setting the timeout to 30 minutes and pressing save and then 'apply' I get the following error message.

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; monit -t 2>&1' with exit code '1': /etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:12: Service name conflict, filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Raid5 already defined '"/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Raid5"'/etc/monit/conf.d/openmediavault-filesystem.conf:16: Service name conflict, mountpoint_srv_dev-disk-by-label-Raid5 already defined ''/srv/dev-disk-by-label-Raid5''

I have tried some of the remedies suggested in another related thread by running the commands in the shellInABox window and here is what it shows:

It seems the timeout change has been recorded but is not applied.

Looking for the current error logs gives:

The short time out is very annoying ..... :(

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you read that error, it has nothing to do with the timeout. It has something to do w/ your raid5.

Is your raid5 currently building? If so, I'd let it finish then restart and try applying the changes. If it's finished, try restarting then apply the changes again.

• If you read that error, it has nothing to do with the timeout. It has something to do w/ your raid5.

Is your raid5 currently building? If so, I'd let it finish then restart and try applying the changes. If it's finished, try restarting then apply the changes again.

Understood- I had seen this error but could not figure out why an old error like it would hold up updating the configuration.
    As far as I can tell the Raid system is working, it shows no errors and I can create SMB shares and read/write data to it from the Win 10 PCs.
    The system has been restarted several times since I first ran into the issue. As well I have tried several times to restart and reconfigure the timeout.
    The OS drive and the RAID drives are separate drives. No reason why trying to update data on the system drive should even worry about the raid system - or is there?

Right now, while I am still very early in this game, I am ready to re-install the whole shebang from scratch, though it is disappointing to have to resort to that :(

==========================
    Another issue seems to be with the forum.
    When I posted the earlier message I got some sort of failure along with an error message I was supposed to report to someone.

When the post did show up anyhow, I replied to it and when I submitted my reply, I got another similar error message. This time I hope it is still in my clipboard buffer.

Code
    Fatal error: An error occured. Sorry.
    Information:
    ID: a252397fdd11d368cc72180150e661bb1c509b68Please send the ID above to the site administrator.The error message can be looked up at “ACP » Logs » Errors”.

So Ill try to post once more, fully expecting another error.
    FWIW, I am using the current version of FF on this forum

Seems It was

• How can I check and how can I get rid of one?
    How would I even be able to create two with the same name?
    If I did try, why would it accept it and 'act' on it, i.e. record it?

• After re-installing OMV on the same system - not cleaning out the Raid drives as yet - because I could not figure out how to redo the RAID system from the web gui - the first change I tried was to change the timeout and again I got an error message - somewhat different this time:

:(

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!