Issues with UnionFS

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Issues with UnionFS

Hi Everyone,

I've recently started to use a combo of SnapRAID and UnionFS and have been seeing some strange stuff. Is it possible to host things like the docker config on a shared folder hosted on UnionFS? It hasn't been working for me.

Also, I've noticed a few issues putting various docker container config directories on shares hosted on UnionFS as well (mainly Sonarr and Radarr). Is this nomral?

Thanks!
    • geaves wrote:

From my understanding you have to use the absolute path i.e. /srv/dev-etc rather than the relative path /sharedolders
      I gave that a shot and it looks like it doesn't work for a select few apps. When I put my sonarr/radarr configs on the UnionFS path, it gives me errors about the database being corrupt. I also can't put a handful of other things on the UnionFS shared path.
    • y2kdread wrote:

I gave that a shot and it looks like it doesn't work for a select few apps. When I put my sonarr/radarr configs on the UnionFS path, it gives me errors about the database being corrupt. I also can't put a handful of other things on the UnionFS shared path.
      Well none of the above makes any sense as there is no information, however there is some information confirming what I have said. here here here
      So looking at the above the probability could be your directory structure as the /srv/dev/disk etc is the same as using /sharedfolders, however, there other issues surrounding /sharefolders and their use in UnionFS particularly Docker.
      Raid is not a backup! Would you go skydiving without a parachute?